January 16th Holidays
Hello and welcome to Time for the Holidays! Thank you for stopping by. Everyday will surprise you with the fun random holidays and observance days that you never new existed! Look through today’s list and see if there is anything you’d like to celebrate today!
- Appreciate a Dragon Day
- Book Publishers Day
- International Hot and Spicy Food Day
- National Fig Newton Day
- National Good Teen Day
- National Nothing Day
- Prohibition Remembrance Day
- Religious Freedom Day
January 16th Horoscope Sign is Capricorn
Time period: December 21 – January
Ruling planet: Saturn
Sign ruler: Saturn, Uranus
Lucky Numbers: 4, 8, 13, 22
Personality Traits: Responsible, leaders, disciplined, independent, loyal, stubborn, bossy, condescending.
Famous Capricorns: Tiger Woods, Stephen Hawking, Bradley Cooper, Jim Carrey, Elvis Presley, Isaac Newton, Muhammed Ali, Mel Gibson, Katie Couric, Rand Paul, Nicholas Cage.
January 16th Trivia
- 1556 – Philip II becomes King of Spain.
- 1847 – John C. Frémont is appointed Governor of the new California Territory.
- 1862 – Hartley Colliery disaster: Two hundred and four men and boys killed in a mining disaster, prompted a change in UK law which henceforth required all collieries to have at least two independent means of escape.
- 1920 – Walter Frederick “Fred” Morrisonm the inventor of the Frisbee, was born in Richfield, Utah.
- 1923 – The #1 movie was, “Oliver Twist.”
- 1942 – Crash of TWA Flight 3, killing all 22 aboard, including film star Carole Lombard.
- 1945 – Adolf Hitler moves into his underground bunker, the Führerbunker.
- 1951 – The #1 movie was, “At War with the Army.”
- 1961 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “Wonderland By Night,” by Bert Kaempfert And His Orchestra.
- 1964 – Hello, Dolly! opened on Broadway, beginning a run of 2,844 performances.
- 1973 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboards was, “You’re So Vain,” by Carly Simon.
- 1974 – Kate Moss, Model was born in Croydon, United Kingdom,
- 1988 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboards is, “Got My Mind Set On You George Harrison.”
- 1988 – The #1 movie was, “Good Morning Vietnam,” starring Robin Williams.
- 1979 – Aaliyah, American singer was born in Brooklyn, New York City, NY,
- 1995 – The #1 song on the Hot Country Songs Billboard is, “Not A Moment Too Soon,” by Tim McGraw.
- 2001 – US President Bill Clinton awards former President Theodore Roosevelt a posthumous Medal of Honor for his service in the Spanish–American War.
- 2006 – Ellen Johnson Sirleaf is sworn in as Liberia’s new president becoming Africa’s first female elected head of state.
Back to January Holidays