January 24th Holiday List
Here is the day’s list of today’s fun holidays! Today just happens to be many super yummy delicious holidays to celebrate! So whether you prefer a peanut butter sandwich, lobster and butter or an Eskimo pie, just dig in and start celebrating today!
- Beer Can Appreciation Day
- Belly Laugh Day
- National “Just Do It” Day
- National Compliment Day
- National Lobster Thermidor Day
- National Eskimo Pie Patent Day
- National Peanut Butter Day
- Talk Like a Grizzled Prospector Day
Share Today’s Holidays on Social Media!
January 24th Zodiac Sign is Aquarius
- Date range: January 20 – February 18
- Element: Air,
- Quality: Fixed
- Color: Light-Blue, Silver
- Lucky Numbers: 4, 7, 11, 22, 29
- Personality Traits: Humanitarian, original, likes to be right, argumentative
- Famous Aquariuses; Oprah Winfrey, Jennifer Aniston, Emma Roberts, Denise Richards,
Princess Charlene of Monaco, Shakira, Mischa Barton, Natalie Imbruglia, Ellen DeGeneres, Alicia Keys, Abraham Lincoln, Galileo Galilei, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Charles Darwin, Michael Jordan, James Dean,
January 24th Trivia
Here is a collection of trivia, famous birthdays, historical events and other random information about January 24th.
- 1458 – Matthias Corvinus becomes King of Hungary.
- 1862 – Bucharest is proclaimed the capital of Romania.
- 1919 – The #1 movie was, “Shoulder Arms.”
- 1939 – The deadliest earthquake in Chilean history strikes Chillán, killing approximately 28,000 people.
- 1943 – Sharon Tate, American actress and model was born in , Dallas, TX.
- 1959 – The #1 song was, “Smoke Gets In Your Eyes,” by The Platters.
- 1964 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “There! I’ve Said It Again,” by Bobby Vinton.
- 1965 – Winston Churchill, English colonel and politician, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Nobel Prize laureate passes away in London, England at the age or 90.
- 1966 – The #1 movie was Doctor Zhivago.
- 1971 – Bill W., American activist, co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous passes away from emphysema and pneumonia.
- 1972 – The #1 movie was, “The Hot Rock,” starring Robert Redford.
- 1974 – Ed Helms, American actor known for his role as Andy on the tv series, The Office, was born in Atlanta, GA.
- 1976 – The #1 song was, “Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You’re Going To),” by Diana Ross.
- 1981 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboards was, “(Just Like) Starting Over,” by John Lennon.
- Monkey singer, 1981 Singer Davy Jones marries Anita Pollinger.
- 1984 – Apple Computer places the Macintosh personal computer on sale in the United States.
- 1986 – Mischa Barton, Film actress known for her role on the tv series, The O.C. was born in Hammersmith, London, United Kingdom.
- 1986 – L. Ron Hubbard, American religious (cult) leader and author, founded the Church of Scientology passed away a week after suffering a stroke.
- 1987 – Luis Suárez, professional Soccer player was born in Salto, Uruguay.
- 1989 – The #1 movie, was Rain Man starring Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman.
- 2000 – The #1 song on the Pop 40 Billboard was, “Smooth” by Santana Featuring Rob Thomas.
- 2003 – The United States Department of Homeland Security officially begins operation.
- 2004 – Actress Selma Blair married producer Ahmet Zappa at Carrie Fisher’s mansion in Beverly Hills, California.
- 2012 – The #1 movie was, “The Grey,” starring Liam Nieson.
Click on another Day!
Get a Calendar for this Year!