January 26th Holidays
- International Customs Day
- Lotus 1-2-3 Day
- National Green Juice Day
- National Peanut Brittle Day
- Spouses Day
- Toad Hollow Day of Encouragement
January 26th Zodiac Sign is Aquarius
- Date range: January 20 – February 18
- Element: Air,
- Quality: Fixed
- Color: Light-Blue, Silver
- Lucky Numbers: 4, 7, 11, 22, 29
- Personality Traits: Humanitarian, original, likes to be right, argumentative
- Famous Aquariuses; Oprah Winfrey, Jennifer Aniston, Emma Roberts, Denise Richards,
Princess Charlene of Monaco, Shakira, Mischa Barton, Natalie Imbruglia, Ellen DeGeneres, Alicia Keys, Abraham Lincoln, Galileo Galilei, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Charles Darwin, Michael Jordan, JamesDean.
January 26th Trivia
A collection of famous birthdays, historical events, celebrity weddings, popular songs and movies and must more!
- 1928 – Paul Newman, American actor was born in Shaker Heights, OH.
- 1838 – Tennessee enacts the first prohibition law in the United States making it a misdemeanor to sell alcoholic beverages in taverns and stores.
- 1905 – The world’s largest diamond, the Cullinan weighing 3,106.75 carats, is found at the Premier Mine near Pretoria in South Africa.
- 1911 – Glenn Curtiss flies the first successful American seaplane.
- 1915 – The Rocky Mountain National Park is established by an act of the U.S. Congress.
- 1926 – The first demonstration of the television by John Logie Baird.
- 1941 – The #1 movie was, “Santa Fe Trail,” starring Errol Flynn and Ronald Reagan.
- 1955 – Eddie Van Halen, American-Dutch musician and member and founder of the band, Van Halen, was born in Nijmegen, Netherlands.
- 1958 – Ellen DeGeneres, American comedian and talk show host was born in Metairie, LA.
- 1961 – Wayne Gretzky, Ice hockey player was born in Brantford, Canada.
- 1961 – John F. Kennedy appoints Janet G. Travell to be the first woman Physician to the President.
- 1962 – The #1 song was, “The Twist,” by Chubby Checker.
- 1963 – José Mourinho, Portuguese football coach was born in Setúbal, Portugal.
- 1965 – The #1 movie was, “36 Hours”
- 1968 – Ravi Teja, Indian film actor was born in Jaggampeta, India.
- 1977 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboards was, “I Wish,” by Stevie Wonder.
- 1978 – The #1 movie was, “Saturday Night Fever,” starring John Travolta.
- 1985 _ The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboards was, “Like a Virgin,” by Madonna.
- 1986 – Jaejoong, South Korean singer was born in Gongju, South Korea.
- 1987 – The #1 movie was, “Platoon.”
- 1991 – The #1 movie was, “Home Alone.”
- 1996 – The #1 song on the Adult Top 40 was, “One Sweet Day, ‘ by Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men.
- 2001 – The 7.7 Mw Gujarat earthquake shakes Western India with a maximum Mercalli intensity of X), leaving 13,805–20,023 dead and about 166,800 injured.
- 2014 – The #1 movie was, “Ride Along,” starring Kevin Hart and Ice Cube.
Back to January Holidays