January 27th Holidays
Today has a mix of fun silly holidays to celebrate such as Chocolate Cake Day, along with a mix of sad observances such as International Holocaust Remembrance Day. Look through the list and click on each one. See what you would like to observe or memorialize today. ♥
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
(Auschwitz Liberation Day)
- National Chocolate Cake Day
- National Geographic Day
- Punch the Clock Day
- Thomas Crapper Day
- Vietnam Peace Day
Memes to Share on Social Media
January 27th Zodiac Sign is Aquarius
- Date range: January 20 – February 18
- Element: Air,
- Quality: Fixed
- Color: Light-Blue, Silver
- Lucky Numbers: 4, 7, 11, 22, 29
- Personality Traits: Humanitarian, original, likes to be right, argumentative
- Famous Aquariuses; Oprah Winfrey, Jennifer Aniston, Emma Roberts, Denise Richards,
Princess Charlene of Monaco, Shakira, Mischa Barton, Natalie Imbruglia, Ellen DeGeneres, Alicia Keys, Abraham Lincoln, Galileo Galilei, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Charles Darwin, Michael Jordan, James Dean.
January 27th Trivia
A collection of historical facts, famous birthdays, popular songs and movies.
- 1756 – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Austrian pianist and composer was born at 9 Getreidegasse in Salzburg.
- 1820 – A Russian expedition led by Fabian Gottlieb von Bellingshausen and Mikhail Petrovich Lazarev discovers the Antarctic continent.
- 1832 – Lewis Carroll, English novelist, poet, and mathematician, author of the Alice in Wonderland books, was born in Daresbury, Cheshire, England.
- 1880 – Thomas Edison receives the patent on the incandescent lamp.
- 1943 – World War II: The Eighth Air Force sorties ninety-one B-17s and B-24s to attack the U-boat construction yards at Wilhelmshaven, Germany, becoming the first American bombing attack on Germany.
- 1945 – World War II: The Soviet 322nd Rifle Division liberates the remaining inmates of Auschwitz-Birkenau.
- 1948 – Mikhail Baryshnikov, nicknamed “Misha”, is a Soviet-born Russian and American dancer, choreographer, and actor was born in Riga, Latvia.
- 1951 – Nuclear testing at the Nevada Test Site begins with Operation Ranger.
- 1956 – Mimi Rogers, American film actress was born in Coral Gables, FL.
- 1952 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “The Twist,: by Chubby Checker.
- 1964 – Bridget Fonda, American actress was born in Los Angeles, CA.
- 1967 –Astronauts Gus Grissom, Ed White and Roger Chaffee are killed in a fire during a test of their Apollo 1 spacecraft at the Kennedy Space Center, Florida.
- 1967 – The Soviet Union, the United States, and the United Kingdom sign the Outer Space Treaty in Washington, D.C., banning deployment of nuclear weapons in space, and limiting use of the Moon and other celestial bodies to peaceful purposes.
- 1973 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboards was, “Superstition,” by Stevie Wonder.
- 1973 – The Paris Peace Accords officially end the Vietnam War.
- 1983 – The song, “Down Under,” by Men at work was the #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboards.
- The #1 movie was, “Tootsie,” starring Dustin Hoffman.
- 1987 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboards was, “Two Hearts,” by Phil Collins,
- 1996 – Germany first observes the International Holocaust Remembrance Day.
- 1998 – The #1 movie was, “Titanic,” starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet.
- 2013 – Two hundred and forty-two people die in a nightclub fire in the Brazilian city of Santa Maria, Rio Ghttp://timefortheholidays.net/january-daily-holidays-and-observances/rande do Sul.