July 24th Holidays and Observances
Bet ya didn’t know that July 24th held so many holidays and observances, did ya? Well, each day of the year has several holidays that most people have never heard heard of, so we are here to show you that each day is worth celebrating. Skim through the list and see what might hold interest for you.
- Amelia Earhart Day: Learn More about Amelia Earhart on her official website today.
- National Cousins Day: Show your cousins the appreciation you have for them. Well don’t show them too much.
- National Drive-Thru Day: Find a drive-thru today and tell everyone where you went using #NationalDriveThruDay.
- National Tell an Old Joke Day: ” Knock Knock, Who’s There, Parent’s Day, Never Heard of ya! Noone has, Learn more Here.
- National Tequila Day: You know how to celebrate this one! Make a drink, grab a lime and be responsible but have fun.
- Pioneer Day: This is an official holiday celebrated on July 24 in the U.S. state of Utah, commemorating the entry of Brigham Young and the first group of Mormon pioneers into the Salt Lake Valley.
Amelia Earhart Collectibles
AMELIA M. EARHART – FIRST DAY COVER SIGNED CO-SIGNED BY: THOMAS H. “DOC” KINKADE, SIR GEORGE HUBERT WILKINS
July 24th Horoscope Sign is Leo
Date range: July 23 – August 22
Color: Gold, Yellow, Orange
Lucky Numbers: 1, 3, 10, 19
Traits: Leos are compassionate, caring, warmhearted people but also be arrogant, self centered and stubborn.
Famous Leos: Jennifer Lopez, Barack Obama, Sandra Bullock, Daniel Radcliffe, Alfred Hitchcock, Ben Affleck, Mila Kunis. Shaun Mendes, Kylie Jenner, Cole Sprouse, Demi Lovato, Jennifer Lawrence, Tom Brady, Dua Lipa, Olivia Holt and Maia Mitchell, Paul Wesley, Chris Hemsworth
July 24th Trivia
- 1897 – Amelia Earhart, famous female pilot, was born in Atchison, KS.
- 1915 – The passenger ship SS Eastland capsizes while tied to a dock in the Chicago River killing a total of 844 passengers and crew.
- 1935 – The Dust Bowl heat wave reaches its peak, sending temperatures to 109 °F in Chicago and 104 °F in Milwaukee.
- 1949 – Michael Richards, American actor and comedian known for playing Kramer on Seinfeld was born.
- 1969 – Apollo program: Apollo 11 lands down safely in the Pacific Ocean.
- 1969 – Jennifer Lopez was born in New York City.
- 1974 – Watergate scandal: The United States Supreme Court unanimously ruled that President Richard Nixon did not have the authority to withhold subpoenaed White House tapes and they order him to surrender the tapes to the Watergate special prosecutor.
- 2014 – Air Algérie Flight 5017 loses contact with air traffic controllers 50 minutes after takeoff. It was travelling between Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso and Algiers. The wreckage is later found in Mali. All 116 people onboard are killed.
July Monthly Observances
- Bereaved Parents Month
- Bioterrorism/Disaster Education & Awareness Month
- Family Reunion Month
- Family Golf Month
- Freedom From Fear of Speaking Month
- Hemochromatosis Screening Awareness Month
- Herbal/Prescription Awareness Month
- International Blondie and Deborah Harry Month
- International Group B Strep Awareness Month
- International Women with Alopecia Month
- International Zine Month
- National Anti-Boredom Month
- National Wheelchair Beautification Month
- National Black Family Month
- National Blueberry Month
- National Cell Phone Courtesy Month
- National Child-Centered Divorce Month
- National “Doghouse Repairs” Month
- National Grilling Month
- National Horseradish Month
- National Hot Dog Month
- National Ice Cream Month
- National Make A Difference to Children Month
- National Recreation & Parks Month
- National Share A Sunset With Your Lover Month
- Sandwich Generation Month
- Smart Irrigation Month
- Unlucky Month for weddings
- National Picnic Month
- Social Wellness Month Tour de France Month