March 14th Holidays
Global Crowdfunding Day is a time to celebrate the crowdfunding industry by giving back, getting involved and showing the world how strong the global crowdfunding community has become. Official Website
March 14th is Albert Einstein’s Birthday so we celebrate geniuses today!International Ask a Question Day
Today is meant to be a day when you ask that burning question you have that you have always been curious about!
Learn About Butterflies Day
Celebrated on March 14 each year it is just simply a day to learn about those beautifull ever changing creatures we call butterflies.
Don’t just study butterflies today, remember moths are beautiful creatures too!
National Children’s Craft Day
What a sweet day to take the opportunity to do some crafting activities with your child! Take a break from the daily routine, and spend some time with your children drawing, cutting, gluing, and bedazzling!
National Pi Day
Pi Day is celebrated on March 14th (3/14) around the world. Pi (Greek letter “”) is the symbol used in mathematics to represent a constant — the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter — which is approximately 3.14159.
National Potato Chip Day
An Irish chef named George Crum invented potato chips in Saratoga Springs in 1853 when he had a customer complain that his fried potatoes were too thick and soggy! We think you know how to celebrate today!
National Save a Spider Day
Ok creepy they may be, ugly they may be, but here is Why we should Save a Spider today.
Fun Memes to Share
March 14th Horoscope Sign is Pisces
Time period: February 19 – March 20
Ruling planet: Neptune
Sign ruler: Neptune, Jupiter
Colors: Mauve, Lilac, Purple, Violet, Sea green
Best Partner Compatibility: Virgo, Taurus
Lucky Numbers: 3, 9, 12, 15, 18, 24
Traits: Emphatic, sensitive, truthful, compassionate, artistic, musical, spiritual. Also can be sad, a martyr, too trusting.
March 14th Trivia
- 1879 – Albert Einstein Famous Genius and Physicist was born.
- 1900 – The Gold Standard Act is ratified, placing United States currency on the gold standard.
- 1948 – Billy Crystal, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter is born.
- 1959 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “Venus,” by Frankie Avalon.”
- 1964 – A jury in Dallas finds Jack Ruby guilty of killing Lee Harvey Oswald, the assumed assassin of John F. Kennedy.
- 1964 – The #1 song on the Hot Country Songs Billboard was, “Saginaw, Michigan,” by Lefty Frizzell.
- 1967 – The body of U.S. President John F. Kennedy is moved to a permanent burial place at Arlington National Cemetery.
- The #1 movie was, “In Like Flint.”
- 1974 – Daniel Gillies, actor who plays Elijah, from Vampire Diaries is born by Winnipeg, Canada.
- 1974 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “Seasons In The Sun,” by Terry Jacks.
- 1979 – In China, a Hawker Siddeley Trident crashes into a factory near Beijing, killing 44 and injuring at least 200.
- 1980 – In Poland, LOT Flight 7 crashes during final approach near Warsaw, killing 87 people, including a 14-man American boxing team.
- 1983 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “Billie Jean,” by Michael Jackson.
- 1987 – The #1 movie was, “Lethal Weapon,” starring Mel Gibson.
- 1988 – The #1 movie was, “Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach.”
- 1993 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “Informer,” by Snow.
- 2009 – The #1 movie was, ” A Race to Witch Mountain.“
- 2016 – Headlines in the News: Terrorist gunmen killed 16 people at hotels in a beach resort town in Ivory Coast on Sunday.
- 2016 – New round of Syria peace talks getting underway in Geneva.
- 2017: Donald Trump tax returns – portion of 2005 1040 released showing he
paid $38 million — or about 25.3 percent — in taxes on income of over $150 million, the White House said in a statement Tuesday night.
- 2018 – The #1 song on the Top Adult 40 Billboard was, “Perfect,” by Ed Sheeran.