March 14th Holidays
Celebrate Scientists Day
Established by UNESCO in 2001, World Science Day for Peace and Development is celebrated worldwide on 10 November each year. It offers an opportunity to demonstrate to the wider public why science is relevant to their daily lives and to engage them in debate on related issues.
Global Crowdfunding Day is a time to celebrate the crowdfunding industry by giving back, getting involved and showing the world how strong the global crowdfunding community has become. Official Website
March 14th is Albert Einstein’s Birthday so we celebrate geniuses today!International Ask a Question Day
Today is meant to be a day when you ask that burning question you have that you have always been curious about!
Learn About Butterflies Day
Celebrated on March 14 each year it is just simply a day to learn about those beautiful ever changing creatures we call butterflies.
Don’t just study butterflies today, remember moths are beautiful creatures too!
National Children’s Craft Day
What a sweet day to take the opportunity to do some crafting activities with your child! Take a break from the daily routine, and spend some time with your children drawing, cutting, gluing, and bedazzling!
National Pi Day
Pi Day is celebrated on March 14th (3/14) around the world. Pi (Greek letter “”) is the symbol used in mathematics to represent a constant — the ratio of the circumference of a circle to itsameter — which is approximately 3.14159.
National Potato Chip Day
An Irish chef named George Crum invented potato chips in Saratoga Springs in 1853 when he had a customer complain that his fried potatoes were too thick and soggy! We think you know how to celebrate today!
National Save a Spider Day
Ok creepy they may be, ugly they may be, but here is Why we should Save a Spider today.
Fun Memes to Share
March 14th Trivia
- 1879 – Albert Einstein Famous Genius and Physicist was born.
- 1900 – The Gold Standard Act is ratified, placing United States currency on the gold standard.
- 1948 – Billy Crystal, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter is born.
- 1964 – A jury in Dallas finds Jack Ruby guilty of killing Lee Harvey Oswald, the assumed assassin of John F. Kennedy.
- 1967 – The body of U.S. President John F. Kennedy is moved to a permanent burial place at Arlington National Cemetery.
- Daniel Gillies, actor who plays Elijah, from Vampire Diaries is born.
- 1979 – In China, a Hawker Siddeley Trident crashes into a factory near Beijing, killing 44 and injuring at least 200.
- 1980 – In Poland, LOT Flight 7 crashes during final approach near Warsaw, killing 87 people, including a 14-man American boxing team.
- 2016 – Headlines in the News: Terrorist gunmen killed 16 people at hotels in a beach resort town in Ivory Coast on Sunday.
- 2016 – New round of Syria peace talks getting underway in Geneva.
- 2017: Donald Trump tax returns – portion of 2005 1040 released showing he
paid $38 million — or about 25.3 percent — in taxes on income of over $150 million, the White House said in a statement Tuesday night.