International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade
International Waffle Day
National Day of Celebration of Greek and American Democracy
Lobster Newburg Day
National Medal of Honor Day
Tolkien Reading Day
March 25th Trivia
- The Zodiac sign for this day is Aries.
- 1802 – 1802 – Irving W Colburn patented the sheet glass drawing machine, making the mass production of glass for windows possible.
- 1860 James Braid, Scottish surgeon known for treatment of club-foot and an important and influential pioneer of hypnotism and hypnotherapy passes away.
1931 – Ida B. Wells American civil rights activist passed away.
- 1942 – Aretha Franklin singer/songwriter was born.
- 1947 – Elton John singer/songwriter was born.
- 1965 – Sarah Jessica Parker was born.
- 1982 – Danica Patrick, female race car driver was born.
- 1984 – Katharine Hope McPhee singer, songwriter and American Idol runner up was born.
- 1988 – Thousands of people join the first peaceful demonstrations against the communist regime in Czechoslovakia.
- 1988 – Sean Michael Leonard Anderson, known professionally as Big Sean, is an American rapper was born.