March 2nd Holiday List
National Banana Cream Pie Day is recognized annually on March 2nd. Celebrated throughout
the United States, all pie lovers enjoy this day as they get to indulge in one of America’s most popular cream pies.
National Old Stuff Day is observed on March 2nd, as a day to give notice to all that old stuff and try something new.
National Read Across America Day NEA’s Read Across America is an annual reading motivation and awareness program that calls for every child in every community to celebrate reading on March 2, the birthday of beloved children’s author Dr Seuss.
Stop Bad Service Day 10 Ways to Retaliate against bad Customer Service
March 2nd Trivia
- 986 – Louis V becomes King of the Franks.
- 1459 – Pope Adrian VI is born.
- 1717 – The Loves of Mars and Venus is the first ballet performed in England.
- 1810 – Pope Leo XIII is born.
- 1876 – Pope Pius XII is born.
- 1903 – In New York City the Martha Washington Hotel opens, becoming the first hotel exclusively for women.
- 1933 – The film King Kong opens at New York’s Radio City Music Hall.
- 1942 – Lou Reed, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, producer, and actor is born.
- 1946 – Ho Chi Minh is elected the President of North Vietnam.
- 1968 – Daniel Craig, English actor and producer.
- 1990 – Nelson Mandela is elected deputy President of the African National Congress.
- 1995 – Yahoo! is incorporated.
- 2012 – A tornado outbreak occurred over a large section of the Southern United States and into the Ohio Valley region, resulting in 40 tornado-related fatalities
- 2016 – South Dakota vetoed the bill that would have required transgender students in public schools to use bathrooms that matched their birth sex.
- 2017 – Senator Chuck Schumer has called for the resignation of Jeff Sessions over allegations of links to Russia.
- 2017 – As Trump denies global warming and cuts funding for the EPA, Antarctica has experienced its warmest day on record due to climate change.
Remember Dr Seuss by Ordering one of these Books!