March 9th Holidays
March 9th Trivia
- March 9 is the 68th day of the year.
- March 9th zodiac sign is Pisces.
- 141 BC – Liu Che, posthumously known as Emperor Wu of Han, assumes the throne over the Han dynasty of China.
- 1753 – Jean-Baptiste Kléber, French general was born.
- 1959 – The Barbie doll makes its debut at the American International Toy Fair in New York.
- 1960 – Dr. Belding Hibbard Scribner implants for the first time a shunt he invented into a patient, which allows the patient to receive hemodialysis on a regular basis.
- 1960 – Finn Carter, American actress and photographer was born.
- 1961 – Sputnik 9 successfully launches, carrying a human dummy nicknamed Ivan Ivanovich, and demonstrating that Soviet Union was ready to begin human spaceflight.
- 1971 – Emmanuel Lewis, American actor was born.
- 1986 – Brittany Snow, American actress and producer was born.
- 1987 – Bow Wow, American rapper, actor, and television host was born.
- 2011 – The Space Shuttle Discovery made its final landing after 39 flights.
March 10th Holidays
March Holidays, Daily and Monthly Observances