May 11th Holidays
Welcome to Time for the Holidays where we bring the mostly unknown daily holidays to you! What mysterious holidays fall on today, May 11th?
May 11th Zodiac Sign is Taurus
Taurus is the second astrological sign in the present zodiac. The Sun is in the sign of Taurus.
Time period: April 20 – May 21
Ruling planet: Venus
Zodiac quality: Fixed
Birthstones: Emerald, Diamond, Sapphire, Garnet, Rose quartz
Famous Tauruses: Dwayne Johnson, Queen Elizabeth II, Megan Fox, George Clooney, Adele, Mark Zuckerberg, Shakespeare, David Beckham, Princess Charlotte of Cambridge
May 11th Trivia
- 1659 – Celebrating Christmas was made illegal in Massachusetts. The Puritans associated such celebrations with paganism and idolatry. Violators were fined. This remained in effect until 1681.
- 1811 Chang and Eng Bunker Siamese-born American twins joined at the chest were born.
- 1852 – Charles Warren Fairbanks d. 1918 26th U.S. Vice-President (1905-09, under President Theodore Roosevelt), U.S. Senator (1897-1905, Indiana).
- 1858 Minnesota becomes the 32nd state.
- 1888 Irving Berlin d. 1989 (Israel Bayline), songwriter. who wrote God Bless America and White Christmas was born.
- 1904 Salvador Dali d. 1989 Spanish artist, was born.
- 1930 – The Adler Planetarium and Astronomical Museum of Chicago opens.
- 1946 – Surgeon Robert Jarvik was born, he was known for performing the first successful implant of a permanent artificial heart (1982) into Dr. Barney Clark.
- 1981 Bob Marley Jamaican reggae singer died from cancer at 36 years old at University of Miami Hospital, Miami, FL.
- 1992 – David Letterman’s stalker, Margaret Ray is arrested for the 7th time after trespassing on Letterman’s property. She had previously been arrested for breaking into his home, sleeping in his bedroom, and stealing his Porsche.
- 1992 – Burdena Pasenelli became the first woman to head the field office in Anchorage, Alaska.
- 1993 Andrew Gobea was born and became the first newborn to receive gene therapy, which he was given four days after his birth. His genes were altered to correct ADA enzyme deficiency –