All About May 13th
Holidays, Horoscope and History
We made this page to list everything that happens today, on May 13th! We collected information on holidays, horoscope and historical events such as celebrity birthdays, inventions, and other fun trivia.
May 13th Holidays, Observances and Awareness Days
Everyday is full of holidays, some funny, some quirky, some serious and some that you should totally celebrate! Look through today’s list and see if anything applies to you and find a way to celebrate or honor it!
May 13th Zodiac Sign is Taurus
Taurus is the second astrological sign in the present zodiac. The Sun is in the sign of Taurus.
Time period: April 20 – May 21
Ruling planet: Venus
Zodiac quality: Fixed
Birthstones: Emerald, Diamond, Sapphire, Garnet, Rose quartz
Famous Tauruses: Dwayne Johnson, Queen Elizabeth II, Megan Fox, George Clooney, Adele, Mark Zuckerberg, Shakespeare, David Beckham, Princess Charlotte of Cambridge
All About May 13th
May 13th Trivia
- 1607 – First permanent English settlement in North America, Jamestown, Va., is founded, by Captain John Smith.
- 1917 – Three shepherd children claim to have seen the Virgin Mary in Fátima, Portugal.
- 1922 – Beatrice Arthur, , American Tony-Emmy-winning actress, and served as a U.S. Marine during WWII. TV: Maude (Maude Findlay) and The Golden Girls (Dorothy). is born.
- 1941 – Ritchie Valens, American singer, a is born.
- 1960 – Steve Wonder. American singer was born in Saginaw, MI.
- 1964 – Stephen Colbert is an American comedian, television host, was born in Washington DC.
- 1981 – Turkish terrorist Mehmet Ali Ağca shoots Pope John Paul II in St. Peter’s Square at Vatican City. The Pope was struck four times but survived,
- 1883 – George Papanikolaou, Greek-born American physician. Inventor of the Pap Smear test for cervical cancer is born.
- 1985 – Police Burn Down a Philadelphia Neighborhood Eleven people are killed and more than 60 homes are destroyed as a result of the police bombing the heavily-armed home of the radical group “MOVE.” The police were attempting to end a two-day siege.
- 1985 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “Crazy For You,” by Madonna.
- 1986 – The #1 movie was, “Top Gun,” starring Tom Cruise.
- 1986 – Robert Douglas Thomas Pattinson, English actor, from the movie, “Twilight” is born.
- 1987 – Candice Rene King is an American actress, known for her role of Caroline Forbes on The CW television drama series The Vampire Diaries, was born.
- 1992 – While on a walk across America to prove that people are basically good, Fred Turner is robbed and pushed off a bridge but survived.
- 1992 – Joey Buttafuoco’s 17-year-old girlfriend, Amy Fisher (aka The Long Island Lolita), shoots his wife at their home but she survives.
- 2013 – Dr. Joyce Brothers, American psychologist, newspaper columnist, radio and TV host. passes away,
- 2019 – Doris Day, Actor, singer and animal welfare activist Doris Day passes away at the age of 97.