May 16th Holidays, Observances and Awareness Days
Every day is full of celebrations, holidays, awareness days and observances. Read through the list and see if you can find something to celebrate today!
May 16th Zodiac Sign is Taurus
Taurus is the second astrological sign in the present zodiac. The Sun is in the sign of Taurus.
Ruling planet: Venus
Zodiac quality: Fixed
Birthstones: Emerald, Diamond, Sapphire, Garnet, Rose quartz
Famous Tauruses: Dwayne Johnson, Queen Elizabeth II, Megan Fox, George Clooney, Adele, Mark Zuckerberg, Shakespeare, David Beckham, Princess Charlotte of Cambridge
May 16th Trivia
- 1568 – Mary, Queen of Scots, fleed to England.
- 1770 – A 14-year-old Marie Antoinette marries 15-year-old Louis-Auguste who later rbecomes king of France.
- 1866 – The United States Congress establishes the nickel. (Which is really more copper then nickel.)
- 1955 – Debra Winger, American actress from, “Urban Cowboy” is born.
- 1959 – Mare Winningham, American actress who starred in, “St Elmo’s Fire” is born.
- 1966 – Janet Jackson, American singer-songwriter, dancer, is born.
- 1973 – Tori Spelling, American actress, reality television personality from the show, “90210, Beverly Hills” is born.
- 1986 – Megan Fox, American actress known from her role in, “Hope and Faith” is born.
- 1981 – Joseph Morgan known for his role as Claus in Vampire Diaries and The Originals was born in London, United Kingdom.