May 18th Holidays, Observances and Awareness Days
Every day has some sort of holiday or observance. Look through our holiday list for today and see if there are any special days you’d like to observe. Maybe there is a fun quirky holiday for you to celebrate. Maybe there is an awareness day where you can support your a friend. Or maybe you just need to eat a Reeses and call it the day today?
- HIV/Aids Vaccine Awareness Day
- I Love Reese’s Day
- International Museum Day
- Mother Whistler Day
- National Cheese Soufflé Day
- National No Dirty Dishes Day
- National Visit Your Relatives Day
- Send an Electronic Greeting Card Day
May 18th Zodiac Sign is Taurus
Taurus is the second astrological sign in the present zodiac. The Sun is in the sign of Taurus.
May 18th Trivia
- 1652 – Rhode Island passes the first law in English-speaking North America making slavery illegal.
- 1860 – Abraham Lincoln wins the Republican Party presidential nomination.
- 1912 – Perry Como, American singer and television host was born.
- 1969 – Apollo program: Apollo 10 is launched.
- 1970 – Tina Fey, American actress, producer, and screenwriter was born.
- 1974 – Under project Smiling Buddha, India successfully detonates its first nuclear weapon becoming the sixth nation to do so.
- 2005 – A photo from the Hubble Space Telescope confirms that Pluto has two additional moons, Nix and Hydra.
- 2017 – Chris Cornell, American singer from Sound Garden and Audio slave dies.
Stop by our May Holidays Shop