May 20th Holidays, Observances and Awareness Days
Each day is important in it’s own way. There are usually a number of observances on each day that most of us don’t even know about. Check out the list for today and choose something to celebrate or honor today.
- Be a Millionaire Day
- Eliza Doolittle Day
- Flower Day
- National Quiche Lorraine Day
- Pick Strawberries Day
- Weights and Measures Day
- World Autoimmune Arthritis Day
May 20th Zodiac Sign is Taurus
Taurus is the second astrological sign in the present zodiac. The Sun is in the sign of Taurus.
Ruling planet: Venus
Zodiac quality: Fixed
Birthstones: Emerald, Diamond, Sapphire, Garnet, Rose quartz
Famous Tauruses: Dwayne Johnson, Queen Elizabeth II, Megan Fox, George Clooney, Adele, Mark Zuckerberg, Shakespeare, David Beckham, Princess Charlotte of Cambridge
May 20th Trivia
- 1818 – William Fargo, American businessman and politician, co-founded Wells Fargo and American Express was born.
- 1946 – Cher, famous American singer was born in El Centro, CA.
- 1964 – Discovery of the cosmic microwave background radiation by Robert Woodrow Wilson and Arno Penzias.
- 1969 – The Battle of Hamburger Hill in Vietnam ends.
- 1972 – Busta Rymes, famous American rapper was born in New York City, NY.
- 1996 – The Supreme Court of the United States rules in Romer v. Evans against a law that would have prevented any city, town or county in the state of Colorado from taking any legislative, executive, or judicial action to protect the rights of gays and lesbians.
- 2012 – At least 27 people are killed and 50 others injured when a 6.0-magnitude earthquake strikes northern Italy.
Stop by the May Holidays Shop