May 2nd Holidays
Here are some of the funny and strange holidays that fall on today, May 2nd. So grab your children, brothers and sisters, and your ukelele and chow down on some truffles and have a sing along by Lake Michigan!
- Baby Day
- Brothers and Sisters Day
- Great Lakes Awareness Day
- International Scurvy Awareness Day
- National Play Your Ukulele Day
- National Truffle Day
- World Tuna Day
Celebrate Truffle Day by Ordering Yourself
a box of Chocolate Truffles!
May 2nd Zodiac Sign is Taurus
Taurus is the second astrological sign in the present zodiac. The Sun is in the sign of Taurus.
Ruling planet: Venus
Zodiac quality: Fixed
Birthstones: Emerald, Diamond, Sapphire, Garnet, Rose quartz
Famous Tauruses: Dwayne Johnson, Queen Elizabeth II, Megan Fox, George Clooney, Adele, Mark Zuckerberg, Shakespeare, David Beckham, Princess Charlotte of Cambridge
May 2nd Trivia
- 1568 – Mary, Queen of Scots, escapes from Loch Leven Castle.
- 1611 – The King James Version of the Bible is published for the first time in London, England, by printer Robert Barker.
- 1816 – Léopold of Saxe-Coburg and Princess Charlotte of Wales get married.
- 1885 – Hedda Hopper, American actress and gossip columnist was born.
- 1945 – Bianca Jagger, Nicaraguan-American model, actress, and activist was born.
- 1952 – The world’s first ever jet airliner, the De Havilland Comet 1 makes its maiden flight, from London to Johannesburg.
- 1972 – Dwayne Johnson, American-Canadian wrestler, actor, and producer, stage name: The Rock, was born.
- 2008 – Cyclone Nargis makes landfall in Burma killing over 138,000 people and leaving millions of people homeless.
- 2011 – Osama bin Laden, the suspected mastermind behind the September 11 attacks and the FBI’s most wanted man, is killed by the US special forces in Abbottabad, Pakistan.
- 2015 – Princess Charlotte of Cambridge, British royal, and fourth in line to the British throne was born.