May 3rd Holiday and Awareness Days
Today is fun of quirky, silly and some serious holidays. Pick something that means something to you and celebrate!
- Garden Meditation Day
- National Lumpy Rug Day
- National Raspberry Popover Day
- National Specially-abled Pets Day
- National Teacher Day
- National Two Different Colored Shoes Day
- Paranormal Day
- Poem on Your Pillow Day
- Public Radio Day
- Sun Day
- World Asthma Day
- Wordsmith Day
- World Press Freedom Day
May 3nd Zodiac Sign is Taurus
Taurus is the second astrological sign in the present zodiac. The Sun is in the sign of Taurus.
Time period: April 20 – May 21
Ruling planet: Venus
Zodiac quality: Fixed
Birthstones: Emerald, Diamond, Sapphire, Garnet, Rose quartz
Famous Tauruses: Dwayne Johnson, Queen Elizabeth II, Megan Fox, George Clooney, Adele, Mark Zuckerberg, Shakespeare, David Beckham, Princess Charlotte of Cambridge
May 3rd Trivia
- 1616 – Treaty of Loudun ends French civil war.
- 1802 – Washington, D.C. is incorporated as a city.
- 1920 – John Lewis, American pianist and composer was born.
- 1952 – Lieutenant Colonels Joseph O. Fletcher and William P. Benedict of the United States land a plane at the North Pole.
- 1952 – The Kentucky Derby is televised nationally for the first time, on CBS.
- 1960 – The Anne Frank House museum opens in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- 1973 – The 108-story Sears Tower in Chicago is topped out at 1,451 feet as the world’s tallest building.
- 2001 – The United States loses its seat on the U.N. Human Rights Commission for the first time since the commission was formed in 1947.
- 2007 – The 4-year-old British girl Madeleine McCann disappears in Praia da Luz, Portugal, starting “the most heavily reported missing-person case in modern history”.