Today is filled with a bunch of holidays you probably did not even know about! Check out the list and find something to celebrate today!
May 7th Holidays
- National Barrier Awareness Day
- National Tourism Day
- National Roast Leg of Lamb Day
- National Cosmopolitan Day
- Paste Up Day
May 7th Zodiac Sign is Taurus
Taurus is the second astrological sign in the present zodiac. The Sun is in the sign of Taurus.
Time period: April 20 – May 21
Ruling planet: Venus
Zodiac quality: Fixed
Birthstones: Emerald, Diamond, Sapphire, Garnet, Rose quartz
Famous Tauruses: Dwayne Johnson, Queen Elizabeth II, Megan Fox, George Clooney, Adele, Mark Zuckerberg, Shakespeare, David Beckham, Princess Charlotte of Cambridge
May 7th Trivia
- 1833 Johannes Brahms d. 1897 German composer. One of the “Three Bs of Music” (Bach, Beethoven, Brahams). was born.
- 1840 Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky d. 1893 Russian composer. Music: The Swan Lake, The Sleeping Beauty, The Nutcracker. was born.
- 1915 – This civilian steamer, the Lusitania, is sunk by a German submarine’s torpedo, killing 1,198 (including 128 Americans) of 1,959 people on board.
- 1984 – American Veterans of the Vietnam War reach an out-of-court settlement with seven chemical companies over the defoliant Agent Orange.
- 1991 – Geneticists at John Hopkins University are are given permission to clone the late President’s genes.
- 1993 – Elton John pays $193,895 for Man Ray’s Glass Tears photograph.
- 1998 Eddie Rabbitt – American singer, songwriter. Music: Every Which Way But Loose (1978, #1) and I Love a Rainy Night (1980, #1) passes away.
- 2017 – Three years after being kidnapped by Boko Haram terrorists, 82 more Chibok schoolgirls were freed in Nigeria on Saturday and safely transported to the capital city of Abuja. [The Week]
- 2018 – Trump threatens legal action against Robert Mueller, the man investigating the Russia/election collusion activities. [CNN]