One Direction: Where are They Now?
Hello, One Direction fans! Or should we say 1Ders… or Directioners? We were all sad first when Zayn Malik left the band as 1D announced on their Facebook page on March 1st, 2015. Then we were all even sadder when they all decided to take a hiatus for awhile later in 2015 which now seems like is becoming a permanent thing.
But lucky for us, they all are going on to make new solo careers so we haven’t heard the lat of them yet. In fact, the best may be yet to come. So what has everyone been up to since their split in 2015? We will go through them one by one below and keep this post updated so you can come back and check on the latest with your favorite One Directioner!
Harry has been very busy since the split. We all love Harry. He is definitely a fan favorite. Many 1D fans also call him Extroadonharry. What can we say about Harry? He kinda has it all, good looks, awesome strong voice, charisma and well, just everything about Harry is awesome.
Post 1D, Harry is really coming into his own style. His new album is a mix of psychedelic, almost Pink Floyd style tunes (Dining Room Table) with some sad songs (Sweet Creature and Sign of the Times) mixed in with a very unique Harry Style that only he can do (Kiwi.) Everyone go get this album, “Harry Styles,” seriously, this man will go down in history as a rock legend.
- 2017 – Harry’s new album titled, “Harry Styles” was released on May 12, 2017.
- He uploaded many Youtube videos of his new songs. 1. Sign of the Times, a song about a mom who is told she is dying while giving birth. 2. Two Ghosts (Rumored to be about Taylor Swift.) 3. Kiwi (an awesome live studio video) 4. Carolina (Also rumored to be for Taylor Swift.) 5. Sweet Creature (which he says is his mom’s favorite song.) 6. The Chain (A Fleetwood Mac cover song.) 7. Wild Thoughts (Another cover song.) Check these out they are sooooo beautiful! His rock style is really coming out.
- 2017 – He was on Carpool Karaoke with James Corden.
- 2017 – Harry fills in for James Corden on the Late Late Show when his wife goes into labor.
- 2017 – He’s been writing songs for other artists such as r Michael Buble.
- 2017 – He starred in the movie, “Dunkirk” which is a movie about the Dunkirk evacuation of World War II.
- 2017 – For the movie he had to cut off his beautiful locks, which he donated to Little Princess Trust, a charity that provides real-hair wigs to children going through cancer treatment.
- 2017 – He did an interview with Chelsea Handler.
- 2017 – Harry did an interview with Graham Norton.
- 2017 – And more interviews, here. here. here.
- On and off again relationship with Kendall Jenner.
Niall… Niall… Niall… who doens’t love you? Good looks, like totally hot Irish accent.. who wouldn’t crush on you? Also with a fun sense of humor always making everyone laugh. Later in 1D playing the guitar gave you that extra sexy charm. A rocker with a sort of “southern” charm.
Later after the split also coming forth as such a strong talent that was overshadowed while in 1D. Now your soft sultry voice can be heard on your new album, Flicker. Niall has grown the most musically for sure. He also comes across as having the sweetest personality, with all his interviewers and how he talks about his old band mates, other musicians, his love or writing and even golf and football. He’s just an all around good guy. And with his new “hair do” he has a more mature look that is even hotter then he was before, if that is possible.
- 2018 – Music video performing Finally Free.
- 2018 – Niall has been touring all year. Watch some videos: Niall in Amsterdam, Flicker Tour in Dublin, Ireland,
- 2018 – Niall collaborated with Maren Morris on an awesome song. Check out the video here.
- 2018 – Niall opened up on his diagnosis of mild obsessive compulsive disorder and anxiety. Read more here.
- October 20, 2017 released new album Flicker (Deluxe) [Explicit].
- Naill has lots of awesome videos upload to Youtube, Check out: Slow Hands (Lyrics Video) Slow Hands (Live Studio Version), Flicker (Live Studio), Too Much to Ask (Acoustic Version), This Town (Lyric Version), On the Loose (Official Video), Niall singing, “Issues” at the BBC studio.
- 2017- Niall won many awards that you can see here, and was nominated for many more.
- 2017 – Interview from his home, in a studio.
- 2017 – Niall’s song, “Slow Hands” peaked at #11 on 9.30.2017.
- 2017 – The song, “This Town” peaked at #20 on 1.14.2017.
- His song, “Too Much To Ask,” peaked at #66 on 10.7.2017.
- Niall joined Louis Tomlinson for a football (soccer) charity match for UNICEF, their team lost but raised over £5.4 million for the foundation.
- 2016 – Niall bought a house that is notoriously known to be haunted by actress, Gia Scala’s as her body was found under mysterious circumstances. Read more here.
After the split Louis gave some sad interviews where he felt like he didn’t really stand out in the band. Obviously, he hasn’t read any of the comments under any of the 1D videos because if he did, he would see the 1D fans really loved him. Every other comment under the videos is about Louis and how his voice stands out above the others sometimes and his gorgeous face.
- 2017 – Louis made an awesome video ft. Bebe Rexha. Check it out on Youtube. Here also , “Miss You. and “Just Like You.
- Working with Simon again on a couple project including putting together a “girl band.”
- 2017 – Louis Tomlinson seems to have gotten back together with his ex-girlfriend, Eleanor Calder.
- 2016 – Louis did a sting being a guest judge on America’s Got Talent.
- 2016 – 2016, Louis returned to the studio to add his voice to his character in the classic American TV show Family Guy.
- 2016 – Louis welcomed a son, Freddie Reign with his ex girlfriend, Briana Jungwirth.
- 2016 – Sadly, Louis’s mom Johannah Deakin, died at the age of 42, after battling with leukaemia.
Liam was a stand out in the band, especially while on X-Factor when he was the lead singer of the newly formed boy band nad pretty much soloed on every single song. Liam, with his good looks and sweet personality was obviously going to go places.
Since the 1D split, Liam has changed his image. He has changed Twitter names and came up with his own more “hip hop” look. Wearing chains and making tracks with R&B singers, he is on his way to the top of the charts.
- 2018 – Payne and singer Cheryl had a son, whom they named Bear but sadly in July their split.
- 2018 – 2018, Payne released “Familiar” featuring J Balvin.
- 2018 – Liam and Rita Ora released the single “For You (Fifty Shades Freed)” from the soundtrack of the film Fifty Shades Freed.
- 2017 – Liam made released his single, Strip That Down ft. Quavo. See Video Here.
- 2015 – 2015, Payne collaborated with songwriter Jamie Scott on Irish band Hometown’s single “The Night We Met.”
- 2015 – Liam was named, “Sexiest Man of the Year” by Attitude. Read More Here.
- 2015 – Liam raised $211,237 for the charitable organization Trekstock.
- 2014 – Payne created and became director of Hampton Music Limited, a publishing company.
Zayn was a fan favorite for sure. He still is. With his gorgeous eyes and his raspy voice, girls swooned over him every time he sang his part. Zayn was the first member to leave the band early in 2015. I guess he just had his own plans.
- 2018 – Zayn uploade, ” Entertainer.” to Youtube.
- 2018 – Uploaded this video, “Let Me.”
- 2017 – Zayne and Taylor Swift make the song, “I Don’t Wanna Live Forever.”
- 2017 – Zayn released the song and video, “Dusk Till Dawn ft. Sia.”
- 2016 – Zayn uploaded this song to Youtube, “Pillow Talk.”
- 2016 – Zayn releases his new album, “Mind Of Mine (Deluxe Edition) [Explicit].”
- 2016 – Zayn’s song “Pillowtalk” debuted at number one in a number of countries, including the UK Singles Chart and the US Billboard Hot 100.
- 2016 – Zayn debuts ‘It’s You’ Song on ‘Jimmy Fallon.
- 2015 – 2015 Malik announced he had signed a recording deal with RCA Records.
Tell Us in the Comments Below
- Who is your favorite 1D member?
- Do you think they should of broke up?
- Do you think they will get back together?
- Are you loving their solo music and careers?
- Who is most successful so far?
- How can we best support our favorite band mates?
- Have you seen them in concert as 1D or now as solo artists?
Share your thoughts below!
Here are some Collector’s Items for 1D fans!
Click for price and details.