Ronald Reagan Day
This is observed ever February 6. This day originally started in 2011, in the state of California for Ronald Reagan because he was California’s governor from 1967 to 1975. He went onto be the President of the United States from 1981 to 1989. This day is now also recognized in Wisconsin.
Facts about Ronald Reagan
- Ronald Reagan was born on February 6, 1911 and died on June 5, 2004.
- His dad nicknamed him “Dutch” when he was a little boy.
- He grew up in a small town in Illinois.
- After graduating he became a WHO radio announcer in Des Moines, Illinois for Chicago Cubs baseball games.
- Ronald Reagan was was California’s governor from 1967 to 1975
- He was the US president President from 1981 to 1989 and was the 40th president.
- When he left office in 1989, Reagan held an approval rating of sixty-eight percent.
- He was an actor before he was governor or president.
- Reagan began as a Democrat and later switched sides.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt was his hero.
- Reagan’s was in many films but said his favorite acting role was as a double amputee in 1942’s Kings Row.
- He was commissioned a second lieutenant in the Officers Reserve Corps of the cavalry on May 25, 1937.
- During the late 1940s, Reagan and wife Jane Wyman became FBI informants providing names of actors within the motion picture industry whom they believed to be communist sympathizers.
- Ronald Reagan’s first wife was Jane Wyman whom he married on January 26, 1940
- He was the first president to ever get a divorce. Although he and Jane remained close friends until his death.
- He then later married actress Nancy Wilson on March 4, 1952.
- He has five children altogether, 4 biological and 1 adopted between the two wives.
President Ronald Reagan with Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Ronald Reagan Quotes
“I never as a citizen want to see our country become urged, by either fear or resentment of this group, that we ever compromise with any of our democratic principles through that fear
or resentment.” ~ Ronald Reagan
“Tear down this wall!” ~ Ronald Reagan
“Government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.” ~ Ronald Reagan
“The most terrifying words in the English language are: I’m from the government and I’m here to help.” ~ Ronald Reagan
“I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph. And there’s purpose and worth to each and every life.” ~ Ronald Reagan
“How do you tell a communist? Well, it’s someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It’s someone who understands Marx and Lenin.” ~ Ronald Reagan
“My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia
forever. The bombing begins in five minutes.” ~ Ronald Reagan
“When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.” ~ Ronald Reagan
“If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
Man is not free unless government is limited.” ~ Ronald Reagan
“America has lost a great president and a great, kind, and gentle man.” ~Jane Wyman
“Our relationship is very special. We were very much in love and still are. When I say my life began with Ronnie, well, it’s true. It did. I can’t imagine life without him.” ~ Nancy Reagan
More Fun Reading on Ronald Reagan
- The Love Story of Ronald and Nancy Reagan
- Ronald Reagan and Nancy Davis marry
- Ronald Reagan’s UFO Sightings