These are the top ten baby girl names of 2016 in the United States.
1. Emma– Originally a short form of Germanic names that began with the element “ermen.” The meaning means “whole” or “universal”.
2. Olivia- The name Olivia was first used by Shakespeare for a character in Twelfth Night. It’s a feminine form of Oliver, meaning “olive tree.”
3. Sophia– Sophia is a name with Greek origins. The meaning of the name Sophia is wisdom.
4. Isabella- Hebrew baby name meaning devoted to God.
5. Ava- This name may be from the Latin word “avis,” meaning “bird.” It could also be a short form of the name Chava (“life” or “living one”),
6. Mia- This name’s Latin origins mean “mine” or “wished-for child.”
7. Emily- This is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Emily is: Industrious; striving.
8. Abigail- This name is Hebrew. The meaning is: Father rejoiced, or father’s joy. Gives joy.
9. Madison- This name is American. The meaning is derived from Matthew ‘gift of God’ or from Matilda ‘strong fighter.
10. Charlotte- This name is French the meaning of the name Charlotte is tiny and feminine.