All About August 10th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
August 10th Holidays & Observances
- National Duran Duran Appreciation Day
On August 10th we celebrate the awesome 80’s band Duran Duran. Listen to some of their music today and learn about their history.
- National Lazy Day
On August 10th kick off your shoes, lay back on the couch and be lazy! We don’t want to hear any excuses of what you have to do, just stop what you are doing, and do nothing.
- National S’mores Day
Run to the store and grab some chocolate bars, graham crackers and marshmallows, because today, August 1th is National S’mores Day!
- National Shapewear Day
The Pink Room founded National Shapewear Day in 2017 to celebrate and generate interest in the ongoing advancements, improvements, and benefits of foundation garments. So August 10th is the day to celebrate how these undergarments help us feel more beautiful and confident.
- National Spoil Your Dog Day
August 10th is National Spoil Your Dog Day so you know what to do! Get some extra treats, take them on a walk, give them some extra pets and cuddle time!
- Smithsonian Day
On August 10th in 1846, the US Congress chartered the Smithsonian Institution after receiving a donation of $500,000 from British scientist James Smithson. The Smithsonian has grown to include nineteen museums, nine research centers, and a zoo. Learn more at https://fcit.usf.edu/project.
- World Lion Day
World Lion Day was founded by Big Cat Rescue, the world’s largest accredited sanctuary dedicated to big cats. if you want to learn more and see what you can do to help visit https://bigcatrescue.org/.
August 10th Horoscope Sign is Leo
Date range: July 23 – August 22
Color: Gold, Yellow, Orange
Lucky Numbers: 1, 3, 10, 19
Traits: Leos are compassionate, caring, warmhearted people but also be arrogant, self centered and stubborn.
Famous Leos: Jennifer Lopez, Barack Obama, Sandra Bullock, Daniel Radcliffe, Alfred Hitchcock, Ben Affleck, Mila Kunis. Shaun Mendes, Kylie Jenner, Cole Sprouse, Demi Lovato, Jennifer Lawrence, Tom Brady, Dua Lipa, Olivia Holt and Maia Mitchell, Paul Wesley, Chris Hemsworth.
August 10th Trivia
- 1948 – Candid Camera makes its television debut after being on radio for a year as Candid Microphone.
- 1960 – Antonio Banderas, Spanish actor, singer, and producer is born in Málaga, Spain.
- 1969 – Charles Manson’s cult members kill Leno and Rosemary LaBianca.
- 1977 – A 24-year-old postal employee named David Berkowitz is arrested for a series of killings in the New York City area over the period of one year. He becomes known as Son of Sam.
- 1981 – Adam Walsh is found deceased. This inspires the creation of the television series America’s Most Wanted by John Walsh, his father.
- 1984 – Ryan Eggold, American actor know for his role as Tom Keen on Blacklist, is born in Lakewood, Ca.
- 1997 – Kylie Jenner, American television personality from all the reality Kardashian shows is born in Los Angeles, CA.
- 2020 – Platteville, Wisconsin made the news as a severe rainstorm passes through causing lots of damage, knocking down electric lines and trees.
Thank you to our sources for information and graphics, Pixabay, Checkiday and Wiki.