All About August 19th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
August 19th Holidays
- ‘Black Cow’ Root Beer Float Day
- International Bow Day
- National Aviation Day
- National Potato Day
- National Sandcastle and Sculpture Day
- National Hot and Spicy Food Day
- World Humanitarian Day
- World Photo Day
August 19th Horoscope Sign is Leo
Date range: July 23 – August 22
Color: Gold, Yellow, Orange
Lucky Numbers: 1, 3, 10, 19
Traits: Leos are compassionate, caring, warmhearted people but also be arrogant, self centered and stubborn.
Famous Leos: Jennifer Lopez, Barack Obama, Sandra Bullock, Daniel Radcliffe, Alfred Hitchcock, Ben Affleck, Mila Kunis. Shaun Mendes, Kylie Jenner, Cole Sprouse, Demi Lovato, Jennifer Lawrence, Tom Brady, Dua Lipa, Olivia Holt and Maia Mitchell, Paul Wesley, Chris Hemsworth
August 19th Trivia, History, Famous Birthdays and other random Facts
- 232 – Marcus Aurelius Probus, Roman emperor was born.
- 1459 – Pope Pius II becomes the 211th Pope.
- 1561 – Mary, Queen of Scots, who was 18 years old, returns to Scotland after spending 13 years in France.
- 1612 –Three women from the Lancashire village of Samlesbury, England, are put on trial, accused of practicing witchcraft, becoming one of the most famous witch trials in British history.
- 1692 – In the Salem witch trials: In Massachusetts five people, one woman and four men, are executed after being convicted of witchcraft.
- 1854 – In a sad moment in history the First Sioux War begins when United States Army soldiers kill Lakota chief Conquering Bear and in return are massacred.
- 1871 – Orville Wright, one of The Wright brothers, Orville and Wilbur, was an American aviator, engineer, inventor was born.
- 1883 – Coco Chanel, famous French designer was born in Saumur, France.
- 1909 – The first automobile race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- 1946 – Bill Clinton, 42nd president of the United States was born in Hope, Arizona.
- 1963 – John Stamos, heart throb and famous for his role as Jesse in Full House was born today in Cypress, CA,
- 1969 – Matthew Perry, know for his role as Chandler on Friends, was born today in Williamstown, MA.
- 1986 – Christina Perri, American singer was born in Philadelphia, PA.
- 1999 – Ethan Cutkosky, famous for his role as Carl Gallagher in Shameless, was born in St Charles, Illinois.
- 2005 – The first-ever joint military exercise between Russia and China, called Peace Mission 2005 begins.
Thank you to our sources for info and graphics: Checkiday, Pixabay and Wiki.