All About December 18th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
Happy December 18th! We will list all the daily holidays of today, and the history behind them. Then we will go over the day’s horoscope sign which is Capricorn. Next we will list the history of December 19th along with some historical events, celebrity birthdays, popular songs and movies throughout the year.
December 18th Holidays
- Answer the Phone Like Buddy the Elf Day
A lot of people’s favorite Christmas movie is Will Ferrell’s Elf. So today on December 18th you are encouraged to answer the phone like him!
- Arabic Language Day
Arabic is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world. World Arabic Language Day is celebrated every year on December 18th since 2012. The date coincides with the day in 1973 that the General Assembly of the United Nations adopted Arabic as the sixth official language of the Organization. Learn more here. https://en.unesco.org/commemorations/worldarabiclanguageday.
- Bake Cookies Day
If you have some holiday baking to do, then today is a good day to do it. Today on December 18th you are encouraged to bake some cookies!
- Flake Appreciation Day
Today on December 18th we celebrate snow flakes! Those pretty glistening white flakes that fall from the sky! Well, pretty at first, until you have to drive through a snowstorm!
- International Migrants Day
On December 18th in 1990, the General Assembly adopted a resolution on the International Convention on the Protection of the Rights of All Migrant Workers and Members of Their Families. Learn more at https://www.un.org/en/observances/migrants-day.
- National Ham Salad Day
Today on December 18th we are urged to celebrate ham salad, so here is a recipe for you to try out: The Best Ham Salad by The Country Cook.
- National Wear a Plunger on Your Head Day
On December 18th you are encouraged to be silly and wear a plunger on your head. Why? We have no idea but if want to do it, just do it. And then please tag us in pictures on our Twitter or Facebook pages! LOL
Memes to Share on Social Media
December 18th Zodiac Sign is Sagittarius
See who you are compatible with, what your colors are, what personality traits you might have and which famous celebrities share your Zodiac sign.
If you were born today then you are a Sagittarius.
Time period: November 22 – December 21
Ruling planet: Jupiter
Birthstones: Topaz, Turquoise, Tanzanite, Zircon, Citrine
Famous Sagittariuses: Scarlett Johansson, Hailey Baldwin, Jaime Lee Curtis, Nicki Minaj, Brad Pitt, Taylor Swift, Katie Holmes, Miley Cyrus, Bill Nye, Bruce Lee, Jimi Hendrix, Frank Sinatra, Ozzy Osborne, Nostradamus, Walt Disney, Woody Allen and Mark Twain.
What do these celebrities have in common?
December 18th Trivia
- 1787 – New Jersey becomes the third state to ratify the U.S. Constitution.
- 1865 – US Secretary of State William Seward proclaims the adoption of the Thirteenth Amendment, prohibiting slavery throughout the USA.
- 1915 – The 28th US President Woodrow Wilson, marries his second wife Edith Bolling Galt, a descendant of native American Pocahontas.
- 1917 – The movie, “The Little Princess,” was #1.
- 1932 Civil rights activist Rosa Parks (19) weds Raymond Parks (29) in Montgomery, Alabama.
- 1943 – Keith Richards, Musician known for being in the band,, ‘The Rolling Stones,” was born in Dartford, United Kingdom.
- 1946 – Steven Spielberg, American filmmaker was born in Cincinnati, Oh.
- 1954 – Ray Liotta, American actor was born in Newark, NJ,
- 1958 – Project SCORE, the world’s first communications satellite, is launched.
- 1963 – Brad Pitt, American actor was born in Shawnee, OK,
- 1964 – Stone Cold Steve Austin, American professional wrestler was born in Austin, TX.
- 1970 – DMX, American rapper was born in Mount Vernon, NY.
- 1974 – “The Godfather Part II,” was the #1 movie.
- 1975 – Sia, Australian singer-songwriter was born in Adelaide, Australia.
- 1978 – Katie Holmes, American actress was born in Toledo, OH.
- 1980 – Christina Aguilera, American singer-songwriter was born in Staten Island, New York City, NY.
- 1984 – Actress Jamie Lee Curtis marries actor Christopher Guest in New York.
- 1989 – “We Didn’t Start The Fire,” by Billy Joel was the #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard.
- 1996 – “Un-Break My Heart,” by Toni Braxton was the #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard.
- 2019 – The House approved two articles of impeachment against President Trump, making him the third president in history to face removal by the Senate. [NYTimes]