All About December 29th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
Hello and welcome to Time for the Holidays! Today we will discuss the lesser known holidays and the history behind them. Then we will go over the day’s horoscope which is Capricorn. Next we will list the day’s historical events, famous birthdays, popular music and movies.
December 29th Holidays
- National Pepper Pot Day
December 29th honors the famous stew that was made to boost the esteem of George Washington’s army troops during a cold winter during the American Revolution.
- Tick Tock Day aka Still Need to Do Day
It’s almost the end of the year and today on December 29th you are encouraged to tie up lose ends and finish any products so you can start the New Year with a fresh start!
Holidays Sources: National Day
Ruling planet: Saturn
Sign ruler: Saturn, Uranus
Lucky Numbers: 4, 8, 13, 22
Personality Traits: Solid, Stable, Traditional, Loves Quality.
Famous Capricorns: Tiger Woods Stephen Hawking, Bradley Cooper, Jim Carrey, Elvis Presley, Issac Newton, Muhammed Ali, Mel Gibson.
December 29th Trivia
- 1808 – Andrew Johnson, 17th U.S. President was born in Raleigh, NC.
- 1851 – The first American YMCA opens in Boston, Massachusetts.
- 1936- Mary Tyler Moore, American actress was born in Brooklyn Heights, New York City, NY.
- 1938 – Jon Voight, American actor was born in Yonkers, NY.
- 1945 – The #1 movie was Spellbound.
- 1954 – Astronaut Buzz Aldrin marries Joan Archer.
- 1955 – The song, The Chipmunk Song by The Chipmunks With David Seville was the #1 song.
- 1969 – The song, Someday We’ll Be Together by Diana Ross & The Supremes was the #1 song.
- 1972 – Jude Law, English actor was born in Lewisham, London, United Kingdom.
- 1972 – Eastern Air Lines Flight 401 (a Lockheed L-1011 TriStar) crashes in the Florida Everglades on approach to Miami International Airport, Florida, killing 101 of the 176 people on board.
- 1972- The #1 movie was The Getaway.
- 1978 – The song, Le Freak by Chic was the #1 song.
- 1990 – The movie, Home Alone starring Macaulay Culkin was the #1 movie.
- 1995 – Ross Lynch, lead vocalist of the pop rock band R5 was born in Littleton, CO.
- 1995 – The song, One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men was the #1 song.
- 1996 – Dylan Minnette, American actor known for his role as Clay Jenson in the Netflix series, “13 Reasons why,” was born in Evansville, IN.
- 1997 – Actress Cate Blanchett married screenwriter Andrew Upton at Blue Mountains National Park in New South Wales, Australia.
- 2004 – The song, Drop It Like It’s Hot by Snoop Dogg Featuring Pharrell was the #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard.
- 2006 – One Tree Hill actress Sophia Bush divorces actor Chad Michael Murray for the reason of fraud after 5 months of marriage.
- 2006 – NBA basketball star Michael Jordan divorces Juanita Vanoy due to irreconcilable differences after 17 years of marriage.
- 2012 – The song, Locked Out Of Heaven by Bruno Mars was the #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard.
- 2017 – Alabama certifies Doug Jones as winner of special Senate election in
Alabama after opponent Moore and certified Doug Jones as the winner beating the Republican former state Supreme Court chief justice by 21,924 votes out of more than 1.3 million cast.
- 2017 – The Oregon Court of Appeals on Thursday upheld a $135,000 fine against bakers who refused to make a wedding cake for a lesbian couple, claiming it was against their Christian beliefs. The courts said they were violating state law by discriminating against them due to their sexual orientation.
- 2017 – Dick Van Dyke Show actress Rose Marie dies at 94.
- 2020 – The US House passes bill to increase stimulus checks to $2,000. [CBS]