All About December 30th
Holidays, Horoscopes and Trivia
Happy December 30th! Today we will go over the day’s holidays and observances and the history behind them. Next, we will go over the day’s horoscope sign which is Capricorn. Lastly, we will go over the day’s history (good and bad), famous birthdays and popular trends, such as in music and movies. Hope you learn something new!
December 30th Holidays
- Bacon Day
Danya “D” Goodman and Meff “Human Cannonball” Leonard founded Bacon Day in 1997. They encourages us on December 30th, to try doing bacon activities such as eating it, watching a movie with bacon in the title or watching a Kevin Bacon movie! Be creative and tell us how you are celebrating bacon today!
- Falling Needles Family Fest Day
December 30th – Created by Ruth and Tom Roy, from wellcat.com, this is just a day to give your Christmas tree a good look. Undoubtedly if you have a live tree, the needles are starting to drop. So appreciate it while you can and start making plans on recycling your tree.
- Festival of Enormous Changes at the Last Minute
December 30th – You might have noticed a theme in holidays the last couple days encouraging us to hurry up and get this year’s project done and deadlines met before the new year comes in. This day is the same, so tie up those loose ends and start the year anew!
- National Bicarbonate of Soda Day
Today on December 30th we celebrate a staple most of us have in our kitchens, baking soda. Here are 22 uses for Baking Soda you will want to know about.
Meme to Share on Social Media
Holiday Info Sources: National Day
Ruling planet: Saturn
Sign ruler: Saturn, Uranus
Lucky Numbers: 4, 8, 13, 22
Personality Traits: Solid, Stable, Traditional, Loves Quality.
Famous Capricorns: Tiger Woods Stephen Hawking, Bradley Cooper, Jim Carrey, Elvis Presley, Issac Newton, Muhammed Ali, Mel Gibson.
December 30th Trivia
- 1903 – A fire at the Iroquois Theater in Chicago, Illinois kills at least 605.
- 1905 – Former Idaho Governor Frank Steunenberg is assassinated at the front gate of his home in Caldwell.
- 1953 – Meredith Vieira, American journalist was born in Providence, RI,
- 1957 – Matt Lauer, American news anchor was born in New York City, NY,
- 1975 – Tiger Woods, American professional golfer was born in Cypress, CA.
- 1982 – Kristin Kreuk, Canadian actress was born in Vancouver, Canada,
- 1984 – LeBron James, American basketball player was born in Akron, OH,
- 1986 – Ellie Goulding, Singer-songwriter was born in Hereford, United.
- 1988 – The #1 movie was Rainman.
- 1993 – The #1 movie was Mrs Doubtfire starring Robin Williams and Sally Fields.
- 1995 – V, South Korean singer from band BTS was born today.
- The song, One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men is the #1 song.
- 2006 – Former President of Iraq Saddam Hussein is executed.
- 2007 – The #1 movie was National Treasure: Book of Secrets.
- 2017 – Erica Garner, American civil rights activist passes away after suffering two heart attacks.
- 2020 – Dawn Wells, ‘Gilligan’s Island’s’ Mary Ann, Dies of COVID at 82. [Variety]