All About July 13th
Trivia, Holidays and Horoscope
July 13th Holidays
- Barbershop Music Appreciation Day
Barbershop Music Appreciation Day was created in 2005 by Sweet Adelines International to mark the 60th anniversary of the founding of the organization. It is celebrated each year on July 13th.
- Bean ‘n’ Franks Day
Today, July 13th we celebrate an old favorite, Beans n Franks. So warm up some comfort food and just enjoy. ♥
- Embrace Your Geekness Day
Wellcat Holidays organized this holiday stating that we all should be proud of the things that define us, and little defines us as much as those things we’re passionate about. So whether you are Dungeons and Dragons champ or the world’s biggest Harry Potter fan or the chess king of the world, embrace it and show it off today!
- Fool’s Paradise Day
On July 13th you are encouraged to take a day off from everything and just relax! Take a “peace of mind” day.
- Go West Day
There are a lot of different theories on what this day means. Some say it is because in 1804, on July 13th. U.S. President Thomas Jefferson has asked Meriwether Lewis to lead an expedition across western North America-unknown territory for all but Indians. Others says it was because of a quote in a newspaper In an editorial published on July 13, 1865, in response to the bad conditions of city living and to encourage Civil War veterans to utilize the Homestead Act. New-York Daily Tribune writer and editor Horace Greeley wrote: “Washington is not a place to live in. The rents are high, the food is bad, the dust is disgusting and the morals are deplorable. Go West, young man, go West and grow up with the country.” So you can learn more about those happenings or you can just take it as, let’s go in a vacation out West and explore the world some more!
- Gruntled Workers Day
The back formation of the word disgruntled would be gruntled. So if disgruntled means unhappy, then a gruntled worker must be a happy worker, right? So today we celebrate those who are happy at their jobs!
- National French Fry Day
It’s July 13th and that means it’s French Fry Day! So get out the oil and taters an fry yourself up some tasty French Fries!
July 13th Horoscope Sign is Cancer
Time period: June 21 – July
Ruling planet: Moon
Birthstones: Moonstone, Emerald, Ruby, Pearl
Lucky Numbers: 2, 3, 15, 20
Personality Traits: Loyal, creative, imaginative, manipulative.
Famous Cancers: Selena Gomez, Elon Musk, Princess Diana, Tom Cruise, Sylvester Stallone, Vin Diesel, Robin Williams, Tom Hanks, George Michael, Nikola Tesla, M1698 – Thomas Savery patents the first steam engine.alala Yousafzai,
July 13th Trivia
- 1863 – New York City draft riots: In New York City, opponents of conscription begin three of rioting which men showed how upset they were about being drafted to the Civil War.
- 1893 – Young Man Afraid of His Horses, American tribal chief and negotiator for the Sioux Nation passes away after falling from his horse while suffering either a stroke or heart attack.
- 1905 – Magda Foy, American child actress in the silent film era was born.
- 1956 – The Dartmouth workshop is the first conference on artificial intelligence.
- 1969 – Ken Jeong, American actor, comedian, and physician was born.
- 1977 – New York City experiences an electrical blackout which affected every area except Queens, lasting nearly 24 hours that leads to widespread fires and looting.
- 2016 – Prime Minister of the United Kingdom David Cameron resigns, and is succeeded by Theresa May.
- 2020 – Kelly Preston, passes away at 57 from breast cancer. [People]
- 2020 – Lisa Marie Presley’s son and Elvis Presley’s grandson, Benjamin Keough, 27, dies ‘from self-inflicted gunshot wound.’ [Sky News]
- 2020 – Naya Rivera’s body was found at Lake Piru after a presumed tragic drowning. [ABC]
July Monthly Observances
- Bereaved Parents Month
- Bioterrorism/Disaster Education & Awareness Month
- Family Reunion Month
- Family Golf Month
- Freedom From Fear of Speaking Month
- Hemochromatosis Screening Awareness Month
- Herbal/Prescription Awareness Month
- International Blondie and Deborah Harry Month
- International Group B Strep Awareness Month
- International Women with Alopecia Month
- International Zine Month
- National Anti-Boredom Month
- National Wheelchair Beautification Month
- National Black Family Month
- National Blueberry Month
- National Cell Phone Courtesy Month
- National Child-Centered Divorce Month
- National “Doghouse Repairs” Month
- National Grilling Month
- National Horseradish Month
- National Hot Dog Month
- National Ice Cream Month
- National Make A Difference to Children Month
- National Recreation & Parks Month
- National Share A Sunset With Your Lover Month
- Sandwich Generation Month
- Smart Irrigation Month
- Unlucky Month for weddings
- National Picnic Month
- Social Wellness Month
- Tour de France Month