All About July 14th
Trivia, Holidays and Horoscope
July 14th Holidays
- National Grand Marnier Day
Alexander Marnier-Lapostolle invented the orange liquor in the 1880s. it took him ten years to come up with his perfect combination of fruit liquors and cognac.
- National Mac and Cheese Day
July 14th encourages you to eat some mac n cheese! Why not try to make your own homemade mac n cheese today? Here’s a recipe for you try out! Homemade Creamy Mac N Cheese.
- National Tape Measure Day
On July 14th we celebrate National Tape Measure Day. In 1868: Alvin J. Fellows of New Haven, Connecticut, received a patent for a spring-click tape measure.
- International Non-Binary People’s Day
The term “non-binary” describes someone who does not identify exclusively as a man or a woman. International Non-Binary People’s Day is observed each year on July 14th and is aimed at raising awareness and organizing around the issues faced by non-binary people around the world. The day was first celebrated in 2012.
- Pandemonium Day
July 14 is all about embracing the disorder in your life. It’s ok not to be in total order. Just look at it like things will unfold how they will.
- Shark Awareness Day
July 14th is Shark Awareness Day. Here is a great site to learn more about sharks. https://www.sharktrust.org/blog/shark-awareness-day
Time period: June 21 – July
Ruling planet: Moon
Birthstones: Moonstone, Emerald, Ruby, Pearl
Lucky Numbers: 2, 3, 15, 20
Personality Traits: Loyal, creative, imaginative, manipulative.
Famous Cancers: Selena Gomez, Elon Musk, Princess Diana, Tom Cruise, Sylvester Stallone, Vin Diesel, Robin Williams, Tom Hanks, George Michael, Nikola Tesla, M1698 – Thomas Savery patents the first steam engine.alala Yousafzai,
July 14th Trivia
- 1859 – Willy Hess, German violinist and educator was born.
- 1861 – Kate M. Gordon, American activist, women’s civil rights leader, was born.
- 1881 – Billy the Kid is shot and killed by Pat Garrett outside Fort Sumner.
- 1960 – Jane Goodall arrives at the Gombe Stream Reserve in present-day Tanzania to begin her famous study of chimpanzees in the wild.
- 1965 – The Mariner 4 flyby of Mars takes the first close-up photos of another planet.
- 1976 – Capital punishment is abolished in Canada.
- 1977 – Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden was born.
- 1998 – Richard McDonald, American businessman, co-founded McDonald’s passed away.
- 2015 – NASA’s New Horizons probe performs the first flyby of Pluto, and thus completes the initial survey of the Solar System.
July Monthly Observances
- Bereaved Parents Month
- Bioterrorism/Disaster Education & Awareness Month
- Family Reunion Month
- Family Golf Month
- Freedom From Fear of Speaking Month
- Hemochromatosis Screening Awareness Month
- Herbal/Prescription Awareness Month
- International Blondie and Deborah Harry Month
- International Group B Strep Awareness Month
- International Women with Alopecia Month
- International Zine Month
- National Anti-Boredom Month
- National Wheelchair Beautification Month
- National Black Family Month
- National Blueberry Month
- National Cell Phone Courtesy Month
- National Child-Centered Divorce Month
- National “Doghouse Repairs” Month
- National Grilling Month
- National Horseradish Month
- National Hot Dog Month
- National Ice Cream Month
- National Make A Difference to Children Month
- National Recreation & Parks Month
- National Share A Sunset With Your Lover Month
- Sandwich Generation Month
- Smart Irrigation Month
- Unlucky Month for weddings
- National Picnic Month
- Social Wellness Month Tour de France Month