All About July 15th
Trivia, Holidays, Observances and Horoscope
July 15th Holidays and Observances
- Gummi Worm Day
Today, July 15th you are encouraged to indulge in some yummy, squishy gelatin worms!
- I Love Horses Day
Today show your horses some extra love. They deserve it! If you don’t have horses maybe you can visit a local stable, farm or even just learn more about them today.
- National Be a Dork Day
Right on the back of Be a Geek Day comes National Be a Dork Day. This holiday created by Wellcat Holidays, the creators of National Be a Dork Day, say today is a day “to be a Dork and be proud.”
- National Ice Cream Day
Check out your local ice cream shops! July 15th there are lots of freebie ice cream treats given away!
- National Respect Canada Day
July 15th is National Respect Canada Day. So tell us your favorite thing about Canada!
- National Tapioca Pudding Day
July 15th is National Tapioca Pudding Day. Why not try out this recipe to celebrate! Simple Tapioca Pudding Recipe
- Saint Swithin’s Day
Swithin’s Day, also called St. Swithun’s Day, is on July 15th, a day on which, according to folklore, the weather for a subsequent period is dictated. In popular belief, if it rains on St. Swithin’s Day, it will rain for 40 days, but if it is fair, 40 days of fair weather will follow.
Time period: June 21 – July
Ruling planet: Moon
Birthstones: Moonstone, Emerald, Ruby, Pearl
Lucky Numbers: 2, 3, 15, 20
Personality Traits: Loyal, creative, imaginative, manipulative.
Famous Cancers: Selena Gomez, Elon Musk, Princess Diana, Tom Cruise, Sylvester Stallone, Vin Diesel, Robin Williams, Tom Hanks, George Michael, Nikola Tesla, M1698 – Thomas Savery patents the first steam engine.alala Yousafzai,
July 15th Trivia
- 1799 – The Rosetta Stone is found in the Egyptian village of Rosetta by French Captain Pierre-François Bouchard during Napoleon’s Egyptian Campaign.
- 1834 – The Spanish Inquisition is officially disbanded after nearly 356 years.
- 1910 – In his book Clinical Psychiatry, Emil Kraepelin gives a name to Alzheimer’s disease, naming it after his colleague Alois Alzheimer.
- 1946 – Linda Ronstadt, American singer was born in Tucson, AZ.
- 1955 – The #1 movie was, “Not as a Stranger.”
- 1961 – Forest Whitaker, movie actor was born in Longview, TX.
- 1972 – Scott Foley, American actor was born in Kansas City, KS.
- 1973 – Brian Austin Green, American actor was born in Van Nuys, Los Angeles, CA.
- 1977 – Lana Parrilla, tv actress that played, Regina in, “Once Upon a Time” was born in Brooklyn, NY.
- 1979 – Travis Fimmel, Australian actor was born in Echuca, Australia.
- 1979 – U.S. President Jimmy Carter gives his “malaise speech“.
- 1985 – The #1 song was, “A View to a Kill,” by Duran Duran.
- 1997 – Fashion designer Gianni Versace is murdered by serial killer Andrew Cunanan outside the front gate of his Casa Casuarina mansion.
July Monthly Observances
- Bereaved Parents Month
- Bioterrorism/Disaster Education & Awareness Month
- Family Reunion Month
- Family Golf Month
- Freedom From Fear of Speaking Month
- Hemochromatosis Screening Awareness Month
- Herbal/Prescription Awareness Month
- International Blondie and Deborah Harry Month
- International Group B Strep Awareness Month
- International Women with Alopecia Month
- International Zine Month
- National Anti-Boredom Month
- National Wheelchair Beautification Month
- National Black Family Month
- National Blueberry Month
- National Cell Phone Courtesy Month
- National Child-Centered Divorce Month
- National “Doghouse Repairs” Month
- National Grilling Month
- National Horseradish Month
- National Hot Dog Month
- National Ice Cream Month
- National Make A Difference to Children Month
- National Recreation & Parks Month
- National Share A Sunset With Your Lover Month
- Sandwich Generation Month
- Smart Irrigation Month
- Unlucky Month for weddings
- National Picnic Month
- Social Wellness Month Tour de France Month