All About July 16th
Trivia, Holidays, Observances and Horoscope
July 16th Holidays & Observances
Time period: June 21 – July 22
Ruling planet: Moon
Birthstones: Moonstone, Emerald, Ruby, Pearl
Lucky Numbers: 2, 3, 15, 20
Personality Traits: Loyal, creative, imaginative, manipulative.
Famous Cancers: Selena Gomez, Elon Musk, Princess Diana, Tom Cruise, Sylvester Stallone, Vin Diesel, Robin Williams, Tom Hanks, George Michael, Nikola Tesla.
July 16th Trivia and Famous Birthdays
- 1377 – Richard II of England is crowned.
- 1790 – The District of Columbia is established as the capital of the United States after signature of the Residence Act.
- 1959 – The #1 song in the US was Lonely Boy by Paul Anka.
- 1966 – The #1 song in the US was Hanky Panky by Tommy James and the Shondells.
- 1969 – Apollo 11, the first mission to land astronauts on the Moon, is launched from the Kennedy Space Center at Cape Kennedy, Florida.
- 1971 – Corey Feldman, American actor was born.
- 1988 – The #1 song in the US was The Flame by Cheap Trick.
- 1990 – The #1 movie in the US was Ghost starring Demi Moore, Patrick Swayze and Whoopi Goldberg.
- 1999 – John F. Kennedy Jr., his wife and sister in law all were killed when a plan he was piloting crashes into the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Martha’s Vineyard.
- 2013 – The #1 movie in the US was The Conjuring.
- 2018 – The 2018 Russia–United States summit, a meeting between US President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin took place.
July Monthly Observances
- Bereaved Parents Month
- Bioterrorism/Disaster Education & Awareness Month
- Family Reunion Month
- Family Golf Month
- Freedom From Fear of Speaking Month
- Hemochromatosis Screening Awareness Month
- Herbal/Prescription Awareness Month
- International Blondie and Deborah Harry Month
- International Group B Strep Awareness Month
- International Women with Alopecia Month
- International Zine Month
- National Anti-Boredom Month
- National Wheelchair Beautification Month
- National Black Family Month
- National Blueberry Month
- National Cell Phone Courtesy Month
- National Child-Centered Divorce Month
- National “Doghouse Repairs” Month
- National Grilling Month
- National Horseradish Month
- National Hot Dog Month
- National Ice Cream Month
- National Make A Difference to Children Month
- National Recreation & Parks Month
- National Share A Sunset With Your Lover Month
- Sandwich Generation Month
- Smart Irrigation Month
- Unlucky Month for weddings
- National Picnic Month
- Social Wellness Month Tour de France Month