All About June 19th
Holidays, Trivia and Horoscope
June 19th Holidays
- Garfield the Cat Day
- National Eat an Oreo Day
- National Martini Day
- National Pets in Film Day
- World Sauntering Day
- World Sickle Cell Day
June 19th Zodiac Sign
Time period: May 21 – June 20
Ruling planet: Mercury
Zodiac quality: Mutable
Color: Light-Green, Yellow
Lucky Numbers: 5, 7, 14, 23
Strengths: Gentle, affectionate, curious, adaptable, ability to learn quickly and exchange ideas.
Geminis like books and talking a lot and going on trips.
Weaknesses: Geminis have a nervous energy, they can be inconsistent and have a hard time making up their mind. They don’t like routines, they get bored easy and they love being spontaneous.
Famous Geminis: Johnny Depp, Angelina Joli, Marilyn Monroe, John F. Kennedy, Naomi Cambell, Donald Trump, Kanye West, Tupac Shakir, Prince, North West, Morgan Freeman, Paul McCartney, Clint Eastwood, Mark Wahlberg, Natalie Portman, Nicole Kidman, Helena Bonham Carter, Lauryn Hill, Judy Garland, Venus Williams, John Wayne, Shia LaBeouf, Micheal J. Fox, Che Guevara, Tim Allen, Rafael Nadal. Vincent Price, Elizabeth Hurley, Bob Hope, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Zachary Quinto, Annette Bening, Greg Kinnear, Greg Kinnear, Anne Heche.
June 19th Trivia
- 1846 – Antonio Abetti, Italian astronomer and academic was born.
- 1903 – Lou Gehrig, American baseball player was born.
- 1915 – USS Arizona navy ship (BB-39) is launched.
- Phylicia Rashad, American actress was born in Houston, TX.
- 1949 – The first ever NASCAR race was held at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
- 1950 – Ann Wilson, American singer-songwriter and musician known as one of the lead singers in the band, “Heart” is born.
- 1953 – Cold War: Julius and Ethel Rosenberg are executed at Sing Sing, in New York for being Russian spies.
- 1954 – Kathleen Turner, American actress was born.
- 1962 – Paula Abdul, American singer-songwriter, dancer, actress, and presenter was born.
- 1963 – Laura Ingraham, American radio host and author was born.
- 1978 – Garfield, the cat cartoon makes its debut.
- 2012 – WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange requested asylum in London’s Ecuadorian Embassy for fear of extradition to the US after publication of previously classified documents including footage of civilian killings by the US army.
- 2020 – Thousands of supporters of Black Lives Matter joined the families of black Americans killed by the police to campaign for justice on Juneteenth, a holiday that commemorates the end of slavery https://nyti.ms/30YOZWT
Monthly Awareness Observances
- Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness Month
- Aphasia Awareness Month
- Cataract Awareness Month
- Hernia Awareness Month
- LGBT Pride Month
- Lipoedema Awareness Month
- Men’s Health Month
- Migraine and Headache Awareness Month
- Myasthenia Gravis Month
- PTSD Awareness Month
- Scleroderma Awareness Month