All About June 23rd
Trivia, Holidays and Zodiac
June 23rd Holidays
- International Widows’ Day
- Let It Go Day
- National Hydration Day
- National Pink Day
- National Pecan Sandies Day
- Pink Flamingo Day
- Public Service Day
- Runner’s Selfie Day
- SAT Math Day
- Typewriting Day
June 23rd Zodiac Sign
Time period: June 21 – July 22
Ruling planet: Moon
Birthstones: Moonstone, Emerald, Ruby, Pearl
Lucky Numbers: 2, 3, 15, 20
Personality Traits: Loyal, creative, imaginative, manipulative.
Famous Cancers: Selena Gomez, Elon Musk, Princess Diana, Tom Cruise, Sylvester Stallone, Vin Diesel, Robin Williams, Tom Hanks, George Michael, Nikola Tesla, Malala Yousafzai,
June 23rd Trivia
- 1868 – Typewriter: Christopher Latham Sholes received a patent for an invention he called the “Type-Writer.”
- 1887 – The Rocky Mountains Park Act becomes law in Canada creating the nation’s first park, Banff National Park.
- 1894 – The International Olympic Committee is founded at the Sorbonne in Paris, at the initiative of Baron Pierre de Coubertin.
- 1905 – The # song was, “Give My Regards to Broadway,” by Billy Murray
- 1915 – The #1 movie was, “The Eternal City.”
- 1933 – Joan Collins, English Actress was born in Paddington, London, United Kingdom.
- 1940 – The song, “I’ll Never Smile Again,” by Tommy Dorsey and His Orchestra was the #1 song.
- 1946 – The 1946 Vancouver Island earthquake strikes Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.
- 1950 – The #1 movie was, “Annie Get Your Gun.”
- 1958 – Drew Carey, American actor was born in Cleveland, OH.
- 1962 – The song, “Soldier Boy,” by The Shirelles was the #1 song.
- 1965 – Melissa McBride, American actress, known for her role as Carole on The Walking Dead was born in Lexington, KY.
- 1972 – U.S. President Richard M. Nixon and White House Chief of Staff H. R. Haldeman are taped talking about using the Central Intelligence Agency to obstruct the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s investigation into the Watergate break-ins.
- 1973 – The #1 movie was, “Paper Moon.”
- 1974 – Jewel, American singer-songwriter was born in Payson, UT.
- 1988 – The #1 movie was, “Crocodile Dundee II.”
- 1991 – Sonic the Hedgehog is released.
- 1993 – The song, “That’s the Way Love Goes,” by Janet Jackson was the #1 song.
- 2010 – The #1 movie was, “Shrek Forever After.”
- 2013 – Nik Wallenda becomes the first man to successfully walk across the Grand Canyon on a tight rope.
- 2014 – The song, “All of Me,” by John Legend was the #1 song.
- 2014 – The last of Syria’s declared chemical weapons are shipped out for destruction.
- 2016 – The start of Brexit: The United Kingdom European Union membership referendum, also known as the EU referendum and the Brexit referendum, took place on 23 June 2016 in the United Kingdom (UK) and Gibraltar to ask the people if they wanted the country either to remain a member of or to leave the European Union (EU) under the provisions of the European Union Referendum Act 2015 and also the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000.
Monthly Awareness Observances
- Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness Month
- Aphasia Awareness Month
- Cataract Awareness Month
- Hernia Awareness Month
- LGBT Pride Month
- Men’s Health Month
- Migraine and Headache Awareness Month
- Myasthenia Gravis Month
- PTSD Awareness Month
- Scleroderma Awareness Month