All About June 24th
Trivia, Zodiac and Holidays
- Celebration of the Senses Day
- National Pralines Day
- Museum Comes To Life Day
- World UFO Day
- Swim a Lap Day
June 24th Zodiac Sign is Cancer
Time period: June 21 – July
Ruling planet: Moon
Birthstones: Moonstone, Emerald, Ruby, Pearl
Lucky Numbers: 2, 3, 15, 20
Personality Traits: Loyal, creative, imaginative, manipulative.
Famous Cancers: Selena Gomez, Elon Musk, Princess Diana, Tom Cruise, Sylvester Stallone, Vin Diesel, Robin Williams, Tom Hanks, George Michael, Nikola Tesla, Malala Yousafzai.
June 24th Trivia
- 217 BC – The Romans, led by Gaius Flaminius, are ambushed and defeated by Hannibal at the Battle of Lake Trasimene.
- 1497 – John Cabot lands in North America at Newfoundland leading the first European exploration of the region since the Vikings.
- 1509 – Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon are crowned King and Queen of England.
- 1779 – The Great Siege of Gibraltar begins.
- 1916 – Mary Pickford becomes the first female film star to sign a million-dollar contract.
- 1880 – First performance of O Canada at the Congrès national des Canadiens-Français.
- 1937 – The Prince and the Pauper was the #1 movie.
- 1947 – Kenneth Arnold makes the first widely reported UFO sighting near Mount Rainier, Washington.
- 1949 – The first western on tv, Hopalong Cassidy, starring William Boyd, is aired on NBC.
- 1971 – The #1 song was It’s Too Late by Carole King.
- 1978 – Grease was the #1 movie.
- 1979 – Mindy Kaling, American actress was born in Cambridge, MA.
- 1980 – The #1 song in the US was Funkytown by Lipps Inc.
- 2012 – Lonesome George, the last known individual of Chelonoidis nigra abingdonii, a subspecies of the Galápagos tortoise, dies.
- 2020 – Biden continues to lead in the polls for the 2020 US Presidential election.
Monthly Awareness Observances
- Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness Month
- Aphasia Awareness Month
- Cataract Awareness Month
- Hernia Awareness Month
- LGBT Pride Month
- Men’s Health Month
- Migraine and Headache Awareness Month
- Myasthenia Gravis Month
- PTSD Awareness Month
- Scleroderma Awareness Month