All About June 7th
June 7th Holidays
- Daniel Boone Day
Daniel Boone was an American pioneer, explorer, and frontiersman. June 7, 1769, was he day he first started exploring the forests and valleys of what we now call Kentucky.
- June Bug Day
June 7th is June Bug Day. So it’s the perfect day to start learning about them! Check out these facts about June Bugs.
- National Chocolate Ice Cream Day
Everyone loves chocolate ice cream! But did you know it has it’s own special holiday? Well, today, June 7th is that day. So enjoy a chocolate ice cream cone, a chocolate shake or however it is that you like to eat your chocolate ice cream!
- VCR Day
Happy VCR Day! Every year on June 7th we remember the old way we used to watch movies! Remember going to the video store on date nights? Or getting up to rewind favorite scenes? Well, today we honor these old machines.
- Trial Technology Day
Trial technology is celebrated every June 7th. As the years pass more and more technology changes have happened in court rooms. Watch this video to learn how much has changed.
June 7th Zodiac Sign
Time period: May 21 – June 21
Ruling planet: Mercury
Zodiac quality: Mutable
Color: Light-Green, Yellow
Lucky Numbers: 5, 7, 14, 23
Strengths: Gentle, affectionate, curious, adaptable, ability to learn quickly and exchange ideas.
Geminis like books and talking a lot and going on trips.
Weaknesses: Geminis have a nervous energy, they can be inconsistent and have a hard time making up their mind. They don’t like routines, they get bored easy and they love being spontaneous.
June 7th Trivia
- 1002 – Henry II, a cousin of Emperor Otto III, is elected and crowned King of Germany.
- 1863 – During the French intervention in Mexico, Mexico City is captured by French troops.
- 1940 – Tom Jones, Welsh singer and actor is born.
- 1946 – The United Kingdom’s BBC returns to broadcasting its television service, which has been off air for seven years because of the Second World War.
- 1952 – Liam Neeson, Irish-American actor is born.
- 1958 – Prince, American singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, producer, and actor is born.
- 1959 – Mike Pence, 48th Vice President of the United States is born.
- 1975 – Sony introduces the Betamax videocassette recorder for sale to the public.
- 1982 – Priscilla Presley opens Graceland to the public, but the bathroom where Elvis Presley died five years earlier is kept off-limits.
- 1991 – Mount Pinatubo erupts.
- 2013 – A gunman opens fire at Santa Monica College in Santa Monica, California, after setting a house on fire nearby, killing six people, including the suspect.