All About June 9th
Holidays, Horoscope and History
Happy June 9th everyone! I hope you are having a great day! Today we will go over the history behind June 9th holidays. Then get into the traits of your horoscope which is Gemini if you were born today on June 9th. Then we will list important historical evens, celebrity birthdays, pop culture songs and movies and other fun random trivia. The history of today will reflect the good, the bad and the ugly and a lot of silly.
June 9th Holidays
- Donald Duck Day
Donald Duck was created at Walt Disney Productions in 1934, and made his first appearance on June 9th, in a film called “Silly Symphonies” short The Wise Little Hen. Some people think it’s his birthday but Donald Duck’s birthday is actually March 13th.
- National Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie Day
Happy National Strawberry Rhubarb Day, which is celebrated every June 9th! Here is a recipe for you to try out: Strawberry Rhubarb Pie.
- World APS Day
Also known as World Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome Day aims to bring attention to a this autoimmune disorder in which the immune system mistakenly attacks normal proteins in the blood. This leads to abnormal blood clotting. Learn more: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/antiphospholipid-antibody-syndrome
- Writers’ Rights Day
Writers Rights Day was created in 1992 to bring attention to the plight of authors try8ing to make their way. At the first observance writers from the Authors Guild, the National Writers Union, the Published Authors Network, the Romance Writers of America, and the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America staged a two-hour protest at Grand Central Terminal, where they signed a Declaration of Writers’ Economic Rights. They wanted to bring attention to the fact that it is hard for authors to get health insurance, not having a good standard set up for writer’s contracts, and for making publishers share the cost of libel insurance, and giving writers a fair amount of time to return advances on canceled projects.
June 9th Holidays, Horoscope and History
with Mimi in the Morning
June 9th Zodiac
Gemini is the third astrological sign in the zodiac, originating from the constellation of Gemini.
Time period: May 21 – June 21
Ruling planet: Mercury
Zodiac quality: Mutable
Color: Light-Green, Yellow
Lucky Numbers: 5, 7, 14, 23
Strengths: Gentle, affectionate, curious, adaptable, ability to learn quickly and exchange ideas.
Geminis like books and talking a lot and going on trips.
Weaknesses: Geminis have a nervous energy, they can be inconsistent and have a hard time making up their mind. They don’t like routines, they get bored easy and they love being spontaneous.
May 9th Trivia
- 1915 – Les Paul, American guitarist and songwriter was born in Waukesha, Wi.
- 1918 – The #1 song was Tiger Rag by Original Dixieland Jazz Band.
- 1928 – R. Geraint Gruffydd, Welsh critic and academic was born.
- 1934 – Donald Duck makes his debut in The Wise Little Hen.
- 1944 – Jimmie Davis becomes the Governor of Louisiana. He is known for writing the song, “You Are My Sunshine.” He ended up serving two terms and lived to be over 100 years old.
- 1947 – The #1 movie was Miracle on 34th Street.
- 1949 – Billy Joel, famous American musician was born in New York, NY.
- 1953 – The Flint–Worcester F-5 tornado outbreak sequence kills 94 people in Massachusetts.
- The #1 song was The Song from Moulin Rouge (Where Is Your Heart) by Percy Faith and His Orchestra.
- 1960 : The Food and Drug Administration approved the first pill for contraceptive use in Birth Control, called Envoid. The pill which is a mixture of estrogen and a progestin is now used by more than 100 million women worldwide.
- 1961 – Michael J. Fox, actor, was born in Edmonton, Canada.
- 1968 – U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson declares a national day of mourning following the assassination of Senator Robert F. Kennedy.
- 1972 – Severe rainfall causes a dam in the Black Hills of South Dakota to burst, creating a flood that kills 238 people and causes $160 million in damage.
- 1981 – The #1 song was Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes.
- 1986 – The #1 song on the billboards was Live to Tell by Madonna.
- The #1 movie was Back to School starring Rodney Dangerfield.
- 1994 : The first cases of the Ebola Virus in an outbreak in Gabon, are identified which cause the death of 9 of those infected with the virus.
- 2005 – The #1 movie was Mr, and Mrs, Smith starring Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.
- 2012 : President Barack Obama publicly states that he supports same-sex couples and believes that they should be able to marry, making him the first sitting US president to publicly be in favor of same-sex marriage.
- 2016 – Davontae Sanford, was released Wednesday after spending eight years in prison — starting when he was 14 — after he was wrongfully convicted for a quadruple murder. [CNN, CBS News]
- 2017 – Ousted FBI Director Comey Tells Senate Panel Trump Lied. [DemocracyNow.org]
- 2019 – The #1 song was Old Town Road by Lil Nas X.
2020 – Coronavirus cases continue rising in several US states bringing the total 2,028,031 total cases and deaths to 113,164.
- 2020 – After his funeral in Houston, Texas, George Floyd will be buried next to his mother.