All About November 15th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
November 15th Holidays
- America Recycles Day
On America Recycles, November 15, we recognize the importance and impact of recycling, which has contributed to American prosperity and the protection of our environment. https://www.epa.gov/americarecycles/america-recycles-day
- American Enterprise Day
American Enterprise Day is observed on November 15th each year. On this day, U.S. residents recognize free enterprise and how it has contributed to the economy.
- Day of the Imprisoned Writer
The Day of the Imprisoned Writer is an annual, international day intended to recognize and support writers who resist repression of the basic human right to freedom of expression and who stand up to attacks made against their right to impart information. It was started in 1981 by PEN International’s Writers in Prison Committee.
- George Spelvin Day
George Spelvin is fake name traditionally used by an actor who plays two roles in a play.
- I Love to Write Day
A day created by Author John Riddle, I Love to Write Day was created to encourage people to take the day and spend time writing. His hope was to produce some future authors.
- National Bundt Day
Today on November 15th we celebrate Bundt cake so here is a recipe for you to try out! https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/recipes/classic-vanilla-bundt-cake-recipe
- National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day
The holidays a re coming up and we need to make room in our frig for all the upcoming dishes we need to prepare and serve for Thanksgiving and other holidays! So on November 15th you are encouraged to clean out the old and make room for the new!
- National Philanthropy Day
National Philanthropy Day, celebrates the charitable work that everyone around the world does to make a difference and create impact in their communities. Use Hashtag #NPDLove on social media. President Reagan first proclaimed November 15th as National Philanthropy Day in 1986. https://afpglobal.org/NPDLove
- National Raisin Bran Cereal Day
In 1925, Skinner’s Manufacturing Company in Omaha, Nebraska, introduced Skinner’s Raisin Bran to the US. This was the first bran cereal with raisins included. Since then many other cereal companies product their versions of Raisin Bran. So celebrate today by pouring cold milk over your favorite raisin bran and start your day off with a good dose of fiber.
- National Spicy Hermit Cookie Day
November 15th, 2021 honors a cookie that is spiced with cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, cloves, brown sugar and raisins. Here is a recipe for you to try out: https://foodess.com/spiced-date-raisin-cookies-hermit-cookies/.
- Pack Your Mom’s Lunch Day
Every day your mom makes sure you have lunch, so today return the favor and show your appreciation for her by packing her a lunch today!
- Steve Irwin Day
November 15th is a day to honor Steve Irwin, his life and legacy of the one and only Crocodile Hunter. http://www.steveirwinday.org/
November 15th Zodiac Sign
See who you are compatible with, what your colors are, what personality traits you might have and which famous celebrities share your Zodiac sign.
If you were born today then you are a Scorpio.
Date range: October 23 – November 21 (Occasionally Nov 22 falls into Scorpio too.)
Color: Scarlet, Red, Rust
Ruler: Pluto, Mars
Greatest Overall Compatibility: Taurus, Cancer
Lucky Numbers: 8, 11, 18, 22
Personality Traits: Smart, resourceful, very brave, passionate, but can be really stubborn, jealous, sometimes even violent and doesn’t trust many people.
Famous Scorpios: Leonardo DiCaprio, Anne Hathaway, Ryan Gosling, Christopher Columbus, Bill Gates, Pablo Picasso Julia Roberts, Hillary Clinton, Caitlyn Jenner, Whoopi Goldberg, Marie Curie, Condoleezza Rice.
November 15th Trivia
- 1791 – The first U.S. Catholic college, Georgetown University, opens its doors.
- 1929 – Ed Asner, American actor was born in Kansas City, MO.
- 1933 – Thailand has its first election.
- 1951 – Beverly D’Angelo, American actress was born in Upper Arlington, Ohio.
- 1952 – Randy Savage, American professional wrestler was born in Columbus, Ohio.
- 1967 – E-40, American rapper was born in Vallejo, CA.
- 1971 – Intel releases the world’s first commercial single-chip microprocessor, the 4004.
- 1980 – CBS’s “Dallas,” was the #1 rated tv show.
- 1985 – A research assistant is injured when a package from the Unabomber addressed to a University of Michigan professor explodes.
- 1985 – The top song on the billboards was “We Built This City” by Starship (formerly known as Jefferson Starship.)
- 1990 – Space Shuttle program: Space Shuttle Atlantis launches with flight STS-38.
- 2007 – Cyclone Sidr hits Bangladesh, killing around 5,000 people and destroying parts of the world’s largest mangrove forest, the Sundarbans.
- 2017 – At only 21 years old, rapper, songwriter, model Lil Peep passed away from an accidental fentanyl–xanax overdose.
Thank you to our sources for info and graphics: Wiki, Pixabay and Checkiday.