All About November 16th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
November 16th Holidays
- Have a Party With Your Bear Day
- International Day for Tolerance
- National Button Day
- National Fast Food Day
November 16th Zodiac Sign
See who you are compatible with, what your colors are, what personality traits you might have and which famous celebrities share your Zodiac sign.
If you were born today then you are a Scorpio.
Date range: October 23 – November 21 (Occasionally Nov 22 falls into Scorpio too.)
Color: Scarlet, Red, Rust
Ruler: Pluto, Mars
Greatest Overall Compatibility: Taurus, Cancer
Lucky Numbers: 8, 11, 18, 22
Personality Traits: Smart, resourceful, very brave, passionate, but can be really stubborn, jealous, sometimes even violent and doesn’t trust many people.
Famous Scorpios: Leonardo DiCaprio, Anne Hathaway, Ryan Gossling, Christopher Columbus, Bill Gates, Pablo Picasso Julia Roberts, Hillary Clinton, Caitlyn Jenner, Whoopi Goldberg, Marie Curie, Condoleeza Rice.
November 16th Trivia
- 1852 – The English astronomer John Russell Hind discovers the asteroid 22 Kalliope.
- 1933 – The United States and the Soviet Union establish formal diplomatic relations.
- 1938 – LSD is first synthesized by Albert Hofmann from ergotamine at the Sandoz Laboratories in Basel,
- 1940 – New York City’s “Mad Bomber” George Metesky places his first bomb at a Manhattan office building used by Consolidated Edison.
- 1945 – UNESCO is founded.
- 1967 – Lisa Bonet, American actress was born San Francisco, CA.
- 1973 – Skylab program: NASA launches Skylab 4 with a crew of three astronauts from Cape Canaveral, Florida for an 84-day mission.
- 1977 – Maggie Gyllenhaal, American actress was born in Lower East Side, New York City, NY.
- 1982 – The top song on the billboards in the US was , “Up Where We Belong: by Joe Cocker And Jennifer Warnes.
- 1986 – The top song on the billboards was, “Amanda” by Boston.
- 1992 – The Hoxne Hoard of silver and gold discovered by metal detectorist Eric Lawes in Hoxne, Suffolk.
- 1993 – Pete Davidson, American comedian was born in Staten Island, New York City, NY.
- 2001 – Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone released.
- 2018 – Florida finally finishes recounting the votes for the mid term elections. 8 million votes needed to be recounted. Republican Ron DeSantis is confirmed as the Florida governor.
- 2018 – The number of people missing in California’s wildfires keeps growing leaping today from 100 missing to to over 600.
- 2018 – The news is reporting that Donald Trump is losing his cool and becoming very erratic in his tweets on Twitter becoming very defensive over the Mueller investigation.