All About November 16th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
Hello everybody! Welcome to Time for the Holidays! Today we are going to talk about the holidays, horoscope and history of November 16th. We will start out going over the day’s holidays and observances and the history behind them. Then we will move on to the day’s horoscope sign which is Scorpio and it’s traits. Lastly we will go over the day’s history, celebrity birthdays, famous pop songs and movies and other random trivia for the day.
November 16th Holidays
- Have a Party With Your Bear Day
Today on November 16th you are encouraged to gather the kids together and have a party with all your Teddy Bears and stuffed animals! Have a tea party or make a fort, just have some fun with your Stuffed Bears! Learn about the history of Teddy Bears here.
- International Day for Tolerance
The International Day for Tolerance is an annual observance day declared by UNESCO in 1995 to generate public awareness of the dangers of intolerance. https://www.un.org/en/observances/tolerance-day.
- National Button Day
Today on November 16th we are to give thanks to buttons! Without buttons our drawers would be falling down, our shirts popping over and it would not be a pretty world! So thank you buttons! Learn more about buttons at https://www.nationalbuttonsociety.org/
- National Fast Food Day
So even though most of us try to practice healthy eating, today you are urged to just take a break and relax, order some fast food and enjoy the yummy salty, greasy food prepared for you.
November 16th Zodiac Sign
See who you are compatible with, what your colors are, what personality traits you might have and which famous celebrities share your Zodiac sign.
If you were born today then you are a Scorpio.
Date range: October 23 – November 21 (Occasionally Nov 22 falls into Scorpio too.)
Color: Scarlet, Red, Rust
Ruler: Pluto, Mars
Greatest Overall Compatibility: Taurus, Cancer
Lucky Numbers: 8, 11, 18, 22
Personality Traits: Smart, resourceful, very brave, passionate, but can be really stubborn, jealous, sometimes even violent and doesn’t trust many people.
Famous Scorpios: Leonardo DiCaprio, Anne Hathaway, Ryan Gosling, Christopher Columbus, Bill Gates, Pablo Picasso Julia Roberts, Hillary Clinton, Caitlyn Jenner, Whoopi Goldberg, Marie Curie, Condoleezza Rice.
November 16th Trivia
- 1852 – The English astronomer John Russell Hind discovers the asteroid 22 Kalliope.
- 1933 – The United States and the Soviet Union establish formal diplomatic relations.
- 1938 – LSD is first synthesized by Albert Hofmann from ergotamine at the Sandoz Laboratories in Basel,
- 1940 – New York City’s “Mad Bomber” George Metesky places his first bomb at a Manhattan office building used by Consolidated Edison.
- 1945 – UNESCO is founded.
- 1967 – Lisa Bonet, American actress was born San Francisco, CA.
- 1973 – Skylab program: NASA launches Skylab 4 with a crew of three astronauts from Cape Canaveral, Florida for an 84-day mission.
- 1977 – Maggie Gyllenhaal, American actress was born in Lower East Side, New York City, NY.
- 1982 – The top song on the billboards in the US was , “Up Where We Belong: by Joe Cocker And Jennifer Warnes.
- 1986 – The top song on the billboards was, “Amanda” by Boston.
- 1992 – The Hoxne Hoard of silver and gold discovered by metal detectorist Eric Lawes in Hoxne, Suffolk.
- 1993 – Pete Davidson, American comedian was born in Staten Island, New York City, NY.
- 2001 – Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone released.
- 2018 – Florida finally finishes recounting the votes for the mid term elections. 8 million votes needed to be recounted. Republican Ron DeSantis is confirmed as the Florida governor.
- 2018 – The number of people missing in California’s wildfires keeps growing leaping today from 100 missing to to over 600.
- 2018 – The news is reporting that Donald Trump is losing his cool and becoming very erratic in his tweets on Twitter becoming very defensive over the Mueller investigation.