All About November 18th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
Welcome to Time for the Holidays. Today we will list the holidays and observances of November 18th and go over the history behind each. Then we will go over today’s horoscope which is Scorpio. Then lastly we will go over the days historical events, celebrity birthdays, popular songs and movies from this date. If it happens to be your birthday today, then Happy Birthday!
November 18th Holidays
- Married to a Scorpio Support Day
November 18th – As much as we love the side of the Scorpio that is smart, brave and passionate, we also have to put up with the side that is stubborn, controlling and jealous. Here’s a couple ways to help you https://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/a37388137/dating-a-scorpio-woman/.
- Mickey Mouse Day
We celebrate Mickey Mouse on November 18th because this is the day when Mickey first appeared publicly in the short film “Steamboat Willy” in 1928. Today is recognized as Mickey Mouse’s Birthday.
- National Princess Day
Today on November 18th we celebrate many little girl’s dream to be a princess. So gather your kid’s and watch Snow White, Aladdin or whatever your favorite princess movie is or just have fun playing dress up and celebrate your inner princess!
- National Vichyssoise Day
On November 18th we celebrate a soup that is made of pureed leeks or onions and potatoes, cream, and chicken stock and usually served cold. Try out this recipe: https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/vichyssoise/.
- Occult Day
November 18th encourages us to talk about occult beliefs and practices, Dive into the mysterious and the unknown and get some conversations going on anything spiritual, supernatural or magical.
- Push-button Phone Day
November 18th commemorates the anniversary of the introduction of the push button phone by Bell Systems in the United States.
- William Tell Day
November 18th Zodiac Sign
See who you are compatible with, what your colors are, what personality traits you might have and which famous celebrities share your Zodiac sign.
If you were born today then you are a Scorpio.
Date range: October 23 – November 21 (Occasionally Nov 22 falls into Scorpio too.)
Color: Scarlet, Red, Rust
Ruler: Pluto, Mars
Greatest Overall Compatibility: Taurus, Cancer
Lucky Numbers: 8, 11, 18, 22
Personality Traits: Smart, resourceful, very brave, passionate, but can be really stubborn, jealous, sometimes even violent and doesn’t trust many people.
Famous Scorpios: Leonardo DiCaprio, Anne Hathaway, Ryan Gosling, Christopher Columbus, Bill Gates, Pablo Picasso Julia Roberts, Hillary Clinton, Caitlyn Jenner, Whoopi Goldberg, Marie Curie, Condoleezza Rice and Owen Wilson.
November 18th Trivia
- 1180 – Phillip II becomes king of France.
- 1865 – Mark Twain’s short story “The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County” is published in the New York Saturday Press.
- 1872 – Susan B. Anthony and 14 other women are arrested for illegal voting in the United States presidential election of 1872.
- 1942 – Linda Evans, American actress was born in Hartford, CT.
- 1960 – Kim Wilde, English Singer famous for sons like, ‘Kids in America” was born in Chiswick, London, United Kingdom.
- 1960 – Elizabeth Perkins, American actress was born in Queens, New York City, NY.
- 1961 – US President John F. Kennedy sends 18,000 military advisers to South Vietnam.
- 1963 – The first push-button telephone goes into service.
- 1968 – Owen Wilson, American actor was born in Dallas, TX.
- 1988 – Ronald Reagan signs a bill into law allowing the death penalty for drug traffickers.
- 1970 – Megyn Kelly, American journalist was born in Champaign, IL.
- 1978 – In Jonestown, Guyana, Jim Jones led his Peoples Temple to a mass murder–suicide that claimed 918 lives.
- 1982 – Damon Wayans Jr., American actor was born in Huntington, VT.
- 1984 – Nayantara, Indian film actress was born in Bengaluru, India.
- 1989 – “When I See You Smile” by Bad English is the #1 song on the billboards.
- 1993 – The #1 movie was Addams Family Values.
- 2003 – The Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court rules 4–3 in Goodridge v. Department of Public Health that the state’s ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional and gives the state legislature 180 days to change the law making Massachusetts the first state in the US to grant marriage rights to same-sex couples.
- 2011 – The song, “Up All Night”, the first album of the English boy band One Direction was released and went on to break many records in the history of music.
- 2013 – NASA launches the MAVEN probe to Mars to study it’s atmosphere.
Thank you to our sources for info, Wiki, Checkiday and Pixabay.