All About November 22nd
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
Happy November 22nd! Today we will list all the day’s holidays and observances and the history behind them. Then we will talk about today’s horoscope sign which is Sagittarius and it’s traits. Then we will go over today’s historical events, celebrity birthdays, popular songs sand movies and ohter random trivia.
November 22nd Holidays
- Go For a Ride Day
On November 22nd you are encouraged to get up, get out and go for a ride. Explore your town and see if you can find any fun landmarks or parks you have not explored yet.
- Humane Society Anniversary Day
On November 22nd learn about the founders and goals of the Humane Society at https://blog.humanesociety.org/2019/11/on-our-65th-anniversary-a-salute-to-our-founders.html.
- National Cranberry Relish Day
Today, November 22nd we celebrate cranberry relish. If you have never heard of this, you are not alone. Here is a recipe for you try out: https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/cranberry-relish/.
- National Stop the Violence Day
National Stop the Violence Alliance, Inc.’s (NSTVA) mission is to help heal our communities through the principles of nonviolence. Learn more at https://www.nationalstoptheviolence.org/.
- Start Your Own Country Day
Start Your Own Country Day was created at the 1939 New York World’s Fair, to honor “those free-spirited souls who dared to hope and believe in a better world where they too could declare any land their own.”
November 22nd Zodiac Sign is Sagittarius
See who you are compatible with, what your colors are, what personality traits you might have and which famous celebrities share your Zodiac sign.
If you were born today then you are a Sagittarius.
Time period: November 22 – December 21
Ruling planet: Jupiter
Birthstones: Topaz, Turquoise, Tanzanite, Zircon, Citrine
Famous Sagittarius’s: Scarlett Johansson, Hailey Baldwin, Jaime Lee Curtis, Nicki Minaj, Brad Pitt, Taylor Swift, Katie Holmes, Miley Cyrus, Bruce Lee, Frank Sinatra, Ozzy Osborne, Nostradamus, Walt Disney, Woody Allen and Mark Twain.
November 22nd Trivia
- 1718 – British pirate Blackbeard is killed in battle with a boarding party led by Royal Navy Lieutenant Robert Maynard off the coast of North Carolina.
- 1921 – Rodney Dangerfield, American comedian was born in Deer Park, NY.
- 1954 – The Humane Society of the United States is founded.
1956 – The Summer Olympics officially known as the games of the XVI Olympiad were opened in Melbourne, Australia.
- 1958 – Jamie Lee Curtis, American actress was born in Santa Monica, CA.
- 1963 – U.S. President John F. Kennedy is assassinated and Texas Governor John Connally is seriously wounded by Lee Harvey Oswald, who also killed Dallas Police officer J. D. Tippit after fleeing the scene.
- 1963 – The Beatles release, “With the Beatles” their second album.
- 1963 – Writers Aldous Huxley and C.S. Lewis both pass away.
- 1968 – The Beatles release The Beatles (known popularly as The White Album) which was their ninth album.
- 1980 – Mae West, American actress, singer, and screenwriter passes away.
- 1986 – Mike Tyson, at 20 years old, becomes the youngest heavyweight champion in boxing history.
- 1995 – Toy Story is released as the first feature-length film created completely using computer-generated imagery.
1996 – Hailey Rhode Baldwin, American model and wife of Justin Bieber was born in Tucson, AZ.
- 1984 – Scarlett Johansson, Actress and activist was born in Manhattan, New York City, NY.
- 2005 – Angela Merkel becomes the first female Chancellor of Germany.
Thank you to our sources for info and graphics, Pixabay, Wiki and Checkiday.