All About November 23rd
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
Hello everybody! Welcome to Time for the Holidays! Today we will list the day’s holidays and the history behind them. Next we will go over today’s horoscope sign which is Sagittarius. Then we will list the day’s history such as political events, celebrity birthdays, popular songs and movies and other random trivia.
November 23rd Holidays
- Doctor Who Day
Doctor Who’s birthday is today on November 23rd! This was the day it first aired in 1963.
- Eat a Cranberry Day
Did you know that Wisconsin leads in cranberry production with over half of U.S. production? They do. And since Thanksgiving is coming up, here is a recipe for Cranberry Sauce: https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/cranberry_sauce/.
- Fibonacci Day
On November 23rd we celebrate one of the most influential mathematicians, Leonardo Fibonacci. A Fibonacci sequence is a series of numbers where a number is the sum of the two numbers before it. For example: 1, 1, 2, 3…is a Fibonacci sequence. Learn more at: https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/fun/fibonacci-day.
- National Cashew Day
Cashews also provide excellent sources of antioxidants, minerals, low in sugar and rich in fiber, heart-healthy fats, and plant protein. They’re also a good source of copper, magnesium, and manganese . So today on November 23rd make sure to grab a handful and eat them or make a recipe containing them!
- National Espresso Day
Espresso is a coffee-brewing method of Italian origin, in which a small amount of nearly boiling water is forced under 9–10 bars of pressure through finely-ground coffee beans. It was invented when Luigi Bezzera wanted to decrease his employees coffee break time and increase productivity so he created a machine that machine used steam pressure to force hot water through the finely ground coffee.
“Wolfenoot is about celebrating our pack – human and animal – helping where we can, and making the world a better, kinder place.” Learn more at https://www.wolfenoot.com/.
Memes to Share on Social Media
November 23rd Zodiac Sign is Sagittarius
If you were born today then you are a Sagittarius.
Time period: November 22 – December 21
Ruling planet: Jupiter
Birthstones: Topaz, Turquoise, Tanzanite, Zircon, Citrine
Famous Sagittarius’s: Scarlett Johansson, Hailey Baldwin, Jaime Lee Curtis, Nicki Minaj, Brad Pitt, Taylor Swift, Katie Holmes, Miley Cyrus, Bruce Lee, Frank Sinatra, Ozzy Osborne, Nostradamus, Walt Disney, Woody Allen and Mark Twain.
November 23rd Trivia
- 1733 – The 1733 slave insurrection, which lasted months started, 150 slaves revoliting against their owners. The Akwamu slaves captured the fort in Coral Bay and took control of most of the island.
- 1889 – The first jukebox goes into operation at the Palais Royale Saloon in San Francisco.
- 1924 – New York Times prints that Edwin Hubble’s discovery that the Andromeda “nebula” is actually another island galaxy far outside of our own Milky Way.
- 1936 – Life magazine is reborn as a photo magazine and enjoys instant success.
- 1960 – Robin Roberts, American broadcaster on the tv show, “Good Morning America” was born in Tuskegee, AL.
- 1963 – BBC broadcasts the very first episode of An Unearthly Child, the first story from the first series of Doctor Who, which is now the world’s longest running science fiction drama.
- 1980 – The song, “Lady” by Kenny Rogers was the #1 song on the Billboards.
- 1991 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “When A Man Loves A Woman,” by Michael Bolton.
- 1992 – Miley Cyrus, American singer-songwriter and daughterof Billy Ray Cyrus, was born in Franklin, TN
- 1992 – The first smartphone, the IBM Simon, is introduced at COMDEX in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- 1996 – Anna Yanovskaya, Russian ice dancer was born.
- 2005 – Ellen Johnson Sirleaf is elected president of Liberia and becomes the first woman to lead an African country.