All About November 25th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
Thank you for stopping by Time for the Holidays! Today we are going to talk about the day’s holidays and observances and the history behind them. Then we will move on to November 25th’s horoscope sign which is Sagittarius and it’s traits. Then we will the day’s historical events, inventions, popular music and movies and celebrity birthdays. If it’s your birthday today, then happy birthday! If you are just stopping by to learn more about the history of today, then we hope you find something intersting!
November 25th Holidays
- Blasé Day
If you woke up feeling bored with life today, then today is perfect for you, because today on November 25th it is Blasé Day. So don’t try to fight it, if you feel indifferent, then just allow yourself to today. Then tomorrow climb out of that empty hole and get back to celebrating life!
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
The aim of this observance led by the UN Secretary-General and UN Women is to prevent and eliminate violence against women and girls around the world, calling for global action to increase awareness, promote advocacy and create opportunities for discussion on challenges and solutions. Learn more at https://www.un.org/en/observances/ending-violence-against-women-day.
- National Parfait Day
Today on November 25th we celebrate parfaits. Whether this holiday is made for the layered desserts we all love of pudding, fruits, whipped creams and granola, or if it’s for the French Dessert which is a custard like puree, this day is perfect. Especially since parfait means perfect in French. You know how to celebrate!
- Shopping Reminder Day
Like anyone needs a reminder of this day right? Right now when stores are mad crazy and we are all trying to get our holiday shopping done this holiday just seems downright silly. But hey, here it is, November 25th we are reminding you that you got some shopping to do.
November 25th Zodiac Sign is Sagittarius
See who you are compatible with, what your colors are, what personality traits you might have and which famous celebrities share your Zodiac sign.
If you were born today then you are a Sagittarius.
Time period: November 22 – December 21
Ruling planet: Jupiter
Birthstones: Topaz, Turquoise, Tanzanite, Zircon, Citrine
Famous Sagittariuses: Scarlett Johansson, Hailey Baldwin, Jaime Lee Curtis, Nicki Minaj, Brad Pitt, Taylor Swift, Katie Holmes, Miley Cyrus, Bruce Lee, Frank Sinatra, Ozzy Osborne, Nostradamus, Walt Disney, Woody Allen and Mark Twain.
November 25th Trivia
- 1487 – Elizabeth of York is crowned Queen of England.
- 1759 – An earthquake hits the Mediterranean destroying Beirut and Damascus and killing between 30,000-40,000 people.
- 1839 – A cyclone hits India with high winds and a 40-foot storm surge, destroying the port city of Coringa. The storm wave sweeps inland, taking with it 20,000 ships and thousands of people. An estimated 300,000 deaths result from the disaster.
- 1914 – Joe DiMaggio, American baseball player was born in Martinez, CA.
- 1915 – Albert Einstein presents the field equations of general relativity to the Prussian Academy of Sciences.
- 1920 – Ricardo Montalbán, Mexican actor known for being on tv series, “Fantasy Island” was born in Mexico City, Mexico.
- 1926 – The deadliest November tornado outbreak in U.S. history kills 76 people and injures more than 400.
- 1944 – Ben Stein, American writer was born in Washington, D.C..
- 1960 – John F. Kennedy Jr., American lawyer was born in Martha’s Vineyard, MA.
- 1963 – President John F. Kennedy is buried at Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington County, Virginia, in Washington, D.C.
- 1963 – Lee Harvey Oswald is buried in Fort Worth, Texas.
- 1960 – Amy Grant, American singer-songwriter was born in Augusta, Ga.
- 1971 – Christina Applegate, American actress was born in West Hollywood, CA.
- 1984 – Thirty-six top musicians gather in a Notting Hill studio and record Band Aid’s “Do They Know It’s Christmas?” in order to raise money for famine relief in Ethiopia.
- 1987 – Typhoon Nina hits the Philippines with category 5 winds of 165 mph and a surge that destroys entire villages causing at least 1,036 deaths.
- 1987 – The movie, “Planes, Trains and Automobiles” was released starring Steve Martin and John Candy.
- 1996 – A rare ice storm strikes the central U.S., killing 26 people. A powerful windstorm affects Florida and winds gust over 90 mph, toppling trees and flipping trailers.
- 1999 – A 5-year-old Cuban boy, Elian Gonzalez, is rescued by fishermen while floating in an inner tube off the Florida coast.
- 2016 – Fidel Castro, Communist leader of Cuba, and revolutionary passes away.
- 2016 – Ron Glass, American actor from the tv series, “Barney Miller” passes away.