All About November 27th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
Welcome to Time for the Holidays! Today we are talking about November 27th. We will list the daily holidays and observations and the history behind them. Then we will go over the traits of today’s horoscope sign which is Sagittarius. Lately we will list historical event, random trivia, famous birthdays, inventions and popular music and movies of the day. If you are reading this because it’s your birthday, then Happy Birthday!
November 27th Holidays
- National Bavarian Cream Pie Day
November 27th- Bavarian Cream Pie was created by French Chef Marie-Antonie Careme, a French chef that was known for creating history’s “high end” treats. If you’d like to make one yourself, here is a recipe: Vanilla Bean Bavarian Cream Pie.
- National Craft Jerky Day
On November 27th you are encouraged to dive into the jerky making hobby. Here is a recipe for you to start with: The Best Beef Jerky Recipe.
- National Electric Guitar Day
This day honors all those who play electric guitar. Do you have a favorite guitarist? This day falls on Jimi Hendrix’s birthday which was November 27, 1942, Seattle, WA.
- National Pins And Needles Day
On November 27th we celebrate Tingling Day honors a Broadway play known as Tingling in 1937.
- Pie in the Face Day
On November 27th we celebrate the pie in the face. It was first seen at the end of the 1909 silent film Mr. Flip. Eventually it became popular to do in political movements and in funny gags. Learn more at Pie in the Face Day.
- Turtle Adoption Day
Turtle Adoption Day is a “day of action for the protection of endangered reptiles.” Learn what you can do to help turtles at https://www.turtle-foundation.org/en/.
Memes to Share on Social Media
November 27th Zodiac Sign is Sagittarius
See who you are compatible with, what your colors are, what personality traits you might have and which famous celebrities share your Zodiac sign.
If you were born today then you are a Sagittarius.
Time period: November 22 – December 21
Ruling planet: Jupiter
Birthstones: Topaz, Turquoise, Tanzanite, Zircon, Citrine
Famous Sagittariuses: Scarlett Johansson, Hailey Baldwin, Jaime Lee Curtis, Nicki Minaj, Brad Pitt, Taylor Swift, Katie Holmes, Miley Cyrus, Bill Nye, Bruce Lee, Jimi Hendrix, Frank Sinatra, Ozzy Osborne, Nostradamus, Walt Disney, Woody Allen and Mark Twain.
What do these three have in common?
November 27th Trivia
- 176 – Emperor Marcus Aurelius grants his son Commodus the rank of “Imperator” and makes him Supreme Commander of the Roman legions.
- 1924 – In New York City, the first Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is held.
- 1942 – Jimi Hendrix, American signer and guitarist was born in Seattle, WA.
- 1949 – Bruce Lee, Actor and Martial Arts Expert, was born in San Francisco, CA.
- 1955 – Bill Nye the Science Guy was born in Washington, D.C..
- 1963 – Fisher Stevens, American actor was born in Chicago, Il.
- 1964 – Robin Givens, American television actress was born in New York City, NY,
- 1968 – Penny Ann Early became the first woman to play major professional basketball, for the Kentucky Colonels in an ABA game against the Los Angeles Stars.
- 1971 – The Soviet space program’s Mars 2 orbiter releases a descent module and even though it sadly malfunctioned and crashed, it was the first man-made object to reach the surface of Mars.
- 1973 – The United States Senate votes 92–3 to confirm Gerald Ford as Vice President of the United States.
- 1981 – The song, “Physical, ” by Olivia Newton-John was #1 in the Top 100 Billboard charts.
- 1984 – The tv show, “Dynasty” on tv network ABC was the top show.
- 1999 – The #1 movie was, “Toy Story,” grossing $57,388,839.
- 2000 – The song, “With Arms Wide Open,” by Creed was the #1 song on the Top 40 Billboard charts.
- 2001 – A hydrogen atmosphere is discovered on the extrasolar planet Osiris by the Hubble Space Telescope, the first atmosphere detected on an extrasolar planet.
- 2015 – An active shooter inside a Planned Parenthood facility in Colorado Springs, Colorado, shoots four policemen, one fatally, kills two civilians and injures six. He later surrendered.
- 2015 – Garrett Swasey, American figure skater, coach and police officer was shot and fatally wounded in the Planned Parenthood shooting.