All About November 7th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
November 7th Holidays
- Hug a Bear Day
- Little League Girls Day
- National Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day
- National Canine Lymphoma Awareness Day
- Notary Public Day
November 7th Zodiac Sign
See who you are compatible with, what your colors are, what personality traits you might have and which famous celebrities share your Zodiac sign.
If you were born today then you are a Scorpio.
Date range: October 23 – November 21 (Occasionally Nov 22 falls into Scorpio too.)
Color: Scarlet, Red, Rust
Ruler: Pluto, Mars
Greatest Overall Compatibility: Taurus, Cancer
Lucky Numbers: 8, 11, 18, 22
Personality Traits: Smart, resourceful, very brave, passionate, but can be really stubborn, jealous, sometimes even violent and doesn’t trust many people.
Famous Scorpios: Leonardo DiCaprio, Anne Hathaway, Ryan Gossling, Christopher Columbus, Bill Gates, Pablo Picasso Julia Roberts, Hillary Clinton, Caitlyn Jenner, Whoopi Goldberg, Marie Curie, Condoleeza Rice.
November 7th Trivia
- 1619 – Elizabeth Stuart is crowned Queen of Bohemia.
- 1665 – The London Gazette, the oldest surviving journal, is first published.
- 1893 – Women in the U.S. state of Colorado are granted the right to vote, the second state to do so.
- 1898 – Margaret Morris, American actress in the silent film era was born.
- 1903 – The #1 song in the US was In the Good Old Summer Time by Haydn Quartet.
- 1908 – Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, American Wild West train robbers, are reportedly killed in San Vicente Canton, Bolivia.
- 1916 – Jeannette Rankin, women’s rights activist, is the first woman elected to the United States Congress as a house rep in Montana.
- 1929 – The Museum of Modern Art opens in New York City, NY.
- 1933 – Fiorello H. La Guardia is elected the 99th mayor of New York City.
- 1944 – Franklin D. Roosevelt was elected for a record fourth term as a US President.
- 1949 – This was the first time oil was taken in Oil Rocks (Neft Daşları), oldest offshore oil platform.
- 1967 – Marie Skłodowska Curie was a Polish and naturalized-French physicist and chemist who conducted pioneering research on radioactivity and she was born today.
- 1972 – US President Richard Nixon is re elected President.
- 1989 – Douglas Wilder becomes the first African American to win the governor’s seat in Virginia.
- 1991 – Magic Johnson announces publicly that he has HIV and retires from the NBA.
- 1996 – NASA launches the Mars Global Surveyor.
- 2012 – An earthquake off the Pacific coast of Guatemala kills at least 52 people.
- 2020 – Joe Biden is called as the winner of the 2020 US presidential election and Kamala Harris becomes the first Asian, Black and female Vice President. [CNN]
- 2020 – A 21-year-old Chris Nikic has made history as the first person with Down syndrome to complete an Ironman triathlon. [CNN]
The #1 Songs and Movies on November 7th
Throughout the Years
Here is a list of songs and movies that were popular throughout the years on November 7th.
- 1913 – The #1 movie in the US was Cleopatra.
- 1943 – The #1 movie in the US was Sweet Rosie O’Grady.
- 1950 – The #1 song in the US was Goodnight, Irene by Gordon Jenkins and The Weavers.
- 1961 – The #1 song in the US was Big Bad John by Jimmy Dean.
- 1963 – The #1 movie in the US was, “It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.”
- 1980 – The #1 song in the US was Woman in Love by Barbra Streisand.
- 1982 – the #1 movie in the US was, “First Blood.”
- 1994 – The #1 song in the US was I’ll Make Love to You by Boyz II Men.
- 2004 – The #1 movie in the US was The Incredibles.
- 2011 – The #1 song was Someone Like You by Adele.
Famous Birthdays for November 7th
Birthdays of celebrities, famous people, historical figures and notorious people.
- 1867 – Marie Curie, French-Polish physicist was born in Warsaw, Poland.
- 1918 – Billy Graham, American evangelist was born in Charlotte, NC.
- 1981 – Anushka Shetty, Indian actress was born in Puttur, India.