All About November 9th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
Hello everybody! Welcome to Time for the Holidays where we like to discuss the important events of each day. Today we will talk about November 9th. We will go over the history of each daily holidays and observance. We will also give you the traits of your horoscope sign which happens to be Scorpio for today. Then we will list lost of random trivia such as historical events, celebrity birthdays, pop songs and movies that were popular on November 9th.
November 9th Holidays
- Carl Sagan Day
Today on November 9th we honor Carl Sagan, Professor of Astronomy and Space Science, Director of the Laboratory for Planetary Studies at Cornell University. He was also a Pulitzer Prize-winning author and the creator of COSMOS. He was born on this day in 1937. Learn more about Carl Sagan Here: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/why-carl-sagan-truly-irreplaceable-180949818/
- Go to an Art Museum Today Day
Today on November 9th you are encouraged to go visit one of the over 30,000 art museums there are across the world. Many will offer free admission today. So go explore the art world today.
- National Chaos Never Dies Day
The world is full of chaos, today on November 9th you are encouraged to find ways to cope with that chaos. Whether yoga, meditation, a funny movie or music, share you way of coping with a stressful world with us.
- National Microtia Awareness Day
November 9th This day’s purpose is to help promote public awareness about Microtia and Atresia. Microtia is when a baby is born with one or both ears missing or when the outer ear does not fully develop. Aural Atresia is being born without an ear canal or an underdeveloped ear canal, resulting in a conductive hearing loss. Learn more here: https://earcommunity.org/national-microtia-awareness-day-is-november-9th-4/592979/.
- National Scrapple Day
November 9th recognizes the first pork food invented in America. Scrapple is a mush of pork combined with cornmeal, wheat flour, and spices, such as sage, thyme, savory and black pepper. Try out this recipe: https://honest-food.net/how-to-make-scrapple-recipe/.
- World Freedom Day
World Freedom Day is a United States federal observance declared by then-President George W. Bush to commemorate the fall of the Berlin Wall and the end of communist rule in Central and Eastern Europe.
November 9th Zodiac Sign
See who you are compatible with, what your colors are, what personality traits you might have and which famous celebrities share your Zodiac sign.
If you were born today then you are a Scorpio.
Date range: October 23 – November 21 (Occasionally Nov 22 falls into Scorpio too.)
Color: Scarlet, Red, Rust
Ruler: Pluto, Mars
Greatest Overall Compatibility: Taurus, Cancer
Lucky Numbers: 8, 11, 18, 22
Personality Traits: Smart, resourceful, very brave, passionate, but can be really stubborn, jealous, sometimes even violent and doesn’t trust many people.
Famous Scorpios: Leonardo DiCaprio, Anne Hathaway, Ryan Gosling, Christopher Columbus, Bill Gates, Pablo Picasso Julia Roberts, Hillary Clinton, Caitlyn Jenner, Whoopi Goldberg, Marie Curie, Condoleezza Rice.
November 9th Trivia
- 1620 – Pilgrims aboard the Mayflower sight land at Cape Cod, Massachusetts.
- 1854 – Elizabeth Schuyler Hamilton, wife/widow of Alexander Hamilton and co-founder of the first private orphanage in New York passes away.
- 1861 – The first documented football match in Canada is played at University College, Toronto.
- 1872 – The Great Boston Fire of 1872 happened.
- 1888 – The deceased body of Mary Jane Kelly, believed to be the final victim of Jack the Ripper, is discovered in Spitalfields, London, England.
- 1906 – Theodore Roosevelt is the first sitting President of the United States to make an official trip outside the country.
- 1913 – The Great Lakes Storm of 1913 happens, which is considered the most destructive natural disaster ever to hit the lakes, destroys 19 ships and kills more than 250 people.
- 1934 – Carl Sagan, American astronomer was born in New York City, New York.
- 1951 – Lou Ferrigno, American actor was born in Brooklyn, New York City, New York.
- 1965 – Several U.S. states and parts of Canada are hit by a series of blackouts lasting up to 13 hours in the Northeast blackout of 1965.
- 1967 – NASA launches the unmanned Apollo 4 test spacecraft atop the first Saturn V rocket from Cape Kennedy, Florida.
- 1967 – The first issue of Rolling Stone magazine is published.
- 1970 – Chris Jericho, American-Canadian professional wrestler was born in Winnipeg, Canada.
- 1972 – Eric Dane, American actor known for his role as Dr. Mark Sloan on the medical drama TV series Grey’s Anatomy, was born in San Francisco, CA.
- 1973 – Nick Lachey, American actor , reality tv star, and ex husband of Jessica Simpson was born in Harlan, KY.
- 1985 – Garry Kasparov, 22, of the Soviet Union becomes the youngest World Chess Champion by beating fellow Soviet Anatoly Karpov.
- 1991 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “Cream,” by Prince And The N.P.G..
- 1994 – The chemical element darmstadtium is discovered.
- 2013 – A cat named, Sophie Smith, set the world record for longest cat hair measuring 25.68 cm in Oceanside, California.
- 2016 – Donald Trump is declared the winner of the US Presidential Election