All About October 18th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
October 18th Holidays
- National Chocolate Cupcake Day
October 18th urges you to make, bake, or eat chocolate cupcakes. So here is a recipe for you to try: Super Moist Chocolate Cupcake. Visit here to learn some fun Cupcake Trivia!
- National No Beard Day
Today on October 18th you are encouraged to shave that beard off! Why? Who knows, but maybe you could just use a new look for a month or so until it grows back? If you do shave it off, tag us so we can see!
- World Menopause Day
World Menopause Day is held every year on the 18th October. The purpose of the day is to raise awareness of the menopause and the support options available for improving health and wellbeing. Visit here to learn more: https://www.menopause.org.au/health-info/world-menopause-day
Memes to Share on Social Media
October 18th Horoscope is Libra
- Date range: September 23 – October 22
- Element: Air
- Quality: Cardinal
- Color: Pink, Green
- Ruler: Venus
- Lucky Numbers: 4, 6, 13, 15, 24
- Personality Traits: Cooperative, diplomatic, gracious, stable, common sense, social but upsets easily, holds grudges, plays the victim
- Famous Libras: Neve Campbell, Kate Winslet, Jesse Eisenberg, Sigourney Weaver, Hugh Jackman, Matt Damon, Naomi Watts, Will Smith, Viggo Mortenson, Zac Efron, Gwyneth Paltrow, Clive Owen, Hillary Duff, Tim Robbins, John Krasinski, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Alicia Silverstone, Susan Sarandon, Eminem, Elisabeth Shue and Gwen Stefani.
October 18th Trivia
- 1356 – Basel earthquake, the most significant historic seismological event north of the Alps, destroys the town of Basel, Switzerland.
- 1541 Margaret Tudor, English wife of James IV of Scotland dies from Cerebral palsy.
- 1851 – Moby Dick is published for the first time.
- 1867 – Alaska becomes a state of the US after US purchases the large and sparsely populated territory of Alaska from Russia for $7.2 million.
- 1898 – The United States takes possession of Puerto Rico from Spain.
- 1919 – Pierre Trudeau, Canadian politician, 15th Prime Minister of Canada was born.
- 1931 – Thomas Edison, American businessman, invented the light bulb, phonograph dies from complications of Diabetes at his home.
- 1939 – Mike Ditka, Former football player and Chicago Bears coach was born in Carnegie, PA.
- 1951 – Pam Dawber, American actress and producer known for her role as Mindy on the tv series, “Mork from Ork” was born.
- 1954 – Texas Instruments announces the first transistor radio.
- 1960 – Jean-Claude Van Damme, Belgian martial artist, actor, director was born in Sint-Agatha-Berchem, Belgium.
- 1963 – Félicette, a black and white female Parisian stray cat becomes the first cat launched into space.
- 1967 – The Soviet Probe Venera 4 entered Venus’ atmosphere making it the first probe to enter another planet’s atmosphere.
- 1979 – Ne-Yo, American singer, songwriter, record producer, dancer, and actor was born.
- 1980 – The #1 song on the Billboard was Queen’s, “Another One Bites the Dust.”
- 1987 – Zac Efron, American actor, singer was born in San Luis Obispo, CA.
- 1998 – Jesse Pipeline in Nigeria explodes killing over 200 people.
- 2019 – Astronauts Christina Koch and Jessica Meir successfully complete first all-female spacewalk.
- 2021 – Colin Luther Powell, American politician, diplomat and first African-American United States Secretary of State dies from Covid-19 complications. [CNN]