All About October 21st
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
October 21st Holidays
- Apple Day
- Babbling Day
- Celebration of the Mind Day
- Count Your Buttons Day
- Garbanzo Bean Day
- Global Iodine Deficiency Disorders Prevention Day
- International Day of the Nacho
- National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day
- Reptile Awareness Day
October 21st Horoscope is Libra
- Date range: September 23 – October 22
- Element: Air
- Quality: Cardinal
- Color: Pink, Green
- Ruler: Venus
- Lucky Numbers: 4, 6, 13, 15, 24
- Personality Traits: Cooperative, diplomatic, gracious, stable, common sense, social but upsets easily, holds grudges, plays the victim
- Famous Libras: Neve Campbell, Kate Winslet, Jesse Eisenberg, Sigourney Weaver, Hugh Jackman, Matt Damon, Naomi Watts, Will Smith, Viggo Mortenson, Zac Efron, Gwyneth Paltrow, Clive Owen, Hillary Duff, Tim Robbins, John Krasinski, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Alicia Silverstone, Susan Sarandon, Eminem, Elisabeth Shue and Gwen Stefani, Evander Holyfield, John Lithgow and Carrie Fisher.
October 21st Trivia
- 1772 – Samuel Taylor Coleridge, English poet, philosopher was born.
- 1774 – First display of the word “Liberty” on a flag, raised by colonists in Taunton, Massachusetts in defiance of British rule in Colonial America.
- 1879 – Thomas Edison applies for a patent for his design for an incandescent light bulb.
- 1833 – Alfred Bernhard Nobel was a Swedish chemist, engineer, inventor, businessman, and philanthropist. Known for inventing dynamite, was born in Stockholm, Sweden.
- 1917 – Dizzy Gillespie, American trumpet player, composer, and bandleader was born.
- 1921 – President Warren G. Harding delivers the first speech by a sitting U.S. President against lynching in the deep South.
- 1928 – The #1 movie is The Cameraman.
- 1940 – The first edition of the Ernest Hemingway novel For Whom the Bell Tolls is published.
- 1946 – The #1 song on the US Billboard was Rumors Are Flying by Frankie Carle and His Orchestra.
- 1952 – Patti Davis, American actress and author was born.
- 1952 – The #1 song on the Billboard was I Went to Your Wedding by Patti Page.
- 1956 – Carrie Fisher, American actress, screenwriter, author known for her role as Princess Leah in the movie, Star Wars, was born in , Los Angeles, CA.
- 1959 – In New York City, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, opens to the public.
- 1959 – U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs an executive order transferring Wernher von Braun and other German scientists from the United States Army to NASA.
- 1970 – The #1 movie was Trog.
- 1973 – Fred Dryer of the Los Angeles Rams becomes the first player in NFL history to score two safeties in the same game.
- 1978 – Australian civilian pilot Frederick Valentich vanishes in a Cessna 182 over the Bass Strait south of Melbourne, after reporting contact with an unidentified aircraft. [Ati]
- 1980 – Kim Kardashian, American model, actress was born in Los Angeles, California.
- 1980 – The #1 song on the US Billboard was Another One Bites the Dust by Queen.
- 1982 – The #1 movie was First Blood starring Sylvester Stallone.
- 1986 – Natalee Holloway, the notorious American missing person was born.
- 2005 – Images of the dwarf planet Eris are taken and subsequently used in documenting its discovery by the team of Michael E. Brown, Chad Trujillo, and David L. Rabinowitz.
- 2008 – The #1 song on the Billboard was Live Your Life by T.I. featuring Rihanna.
- 2012 – The #1 movie was Paranormal Activity 4.
- 2020 – U.S. is keeping its borders with Canada and Mexico closed for another month in an effort to limit the spread of the coronavirus. [USA Today]