All About October 28th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
October 28th Holidays
- International Animation Day
October 28, this is an international observance proclaimed in 2002 by the ASIFA as the main global event to celebrate the art of animation. This day commemorates the first public performance of Charles-Émile Reynaud’s Théâtre Optique at the Grevin Museum in Paris, 1892.
- National Chocolate Day
National Confectioners Association created National Chocolate Day on October 28th to celebrate all things chocolate!
- Plush Animal Lover’s Day
Teddy Bears get all the attention to today we are encouraged to celebrate ALL plush animal toys. Whether a stuffed giraffe, elephant or dolphin, show off your favorite stuffed animal today! Read about the history of Teddy Bears here.
- Separation of Church and State Day
October 28th – Separation of Church and State Day commemorates the 1963 Supreme Court decision Abington School District v. Schempp, which ruled that school-sponsored Bible reading in public schools is unconstitutional.
- St. Jude’s Feast Day
Today on October 28th we celebrate St. Jude, one of the original Twelve Apostles of Jesus. Jude was the one who asked Jesus at the Last Supper why He would not manifest Himself to the whole world after His resurrection.
- Statue of Liberty Dedication Day
The Statue of Liberty was a gift of friendship from the people of France to the people of the United States and was dedicated on October 28, 1886, designated as a National Monument in 1924.
- Wild Foods Day
Today we celebrate the foods we can cultivate ourselves.. Have you ever gone mushroom hunting, picked some dandelion greens for a salad or picked blackberries? Well, that is what we celebrate today.
October 28th Zodiac Sign
See who you are compatible with, what your colors are, what personality traits you might have and which famous celebrities share your Zodiac sign.
If you were born today then you are a Scorpio.
Date range: October 23 – November 21 (Occasionally Nov 22 falls into Scorpio too.)
Color: Scarlet, Red, Rust
Ruler: Pluto, Mars
Greatest Overall Compatibility: Taurus, Cancer
Lucky Numbers: 8, 11, 18, 22
Personality Traits: Smart, resourceful, very brave, passionate, but can be really stubborn, jealous and jealous.
Famous Scorpios: Leonardo DiCaprio, Anne Hathaway, Ryan Gosling, Christopher Columbus, Bill Gates, Pablo Picasso Julia Roberts, Hillary Clinton, Caitlyn Jenner, Whoopi Goldberg, Marie Curie, Condoleezza Rice.
What do these celebrities have in common?
October 28th Trivia
- 1449 – Christian I is crowned king of Denmark.
- 1726 – The novel Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift is published.
- 1886 – In New York Harbor, President Grover Cleveland dedicates the Statue of Liberty.
- 1893 – Tchaikovsky’s Symphony No. 6 in B Minor, Pathétique, receives its première performance in St. Petersburg. He died 9 days later.
- 1914 – Jonas Salk, American biologist, physician was born in New York City, NY.
- 1919 – US Congress passed the Volstead Act enumerating ways to enforce Prohibition.
- 1949 – Caitlyn Jenner, American television personality formerly known as Bruce Jenner was born in Mount Kisco, NY.
- 1955 – Bill Gates, American businessman, co-founded Microsoft was born in Seattle, WA.
- 1958 – John XXIII is elected Pope.
- 1963 – Lauren Holly, American-Canadian actress and ex wife of Jim Carrey was born in Bristol, PA.
- 1965 – Jami Gertz, American actress was born in Chicago, Il.
- 1956 – Elvis Presley receives a polio vaccination on national TV. This single event is credited with raising immunization levels in the United States from 0.6% to over 80% in just six months.
- 1967 – Julia Roberts, American actress was born in , Smyrna, GA.
- 1972 – Brad Paisley, American singer-songwriter was born in Glen Dale, WV.
- 1974 – Joaquin Phoenix, American actor was born in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- 1987 – Frank Ocean, American singer-songwriter was born in Long Beach, CA.
- 1995 – 289 people are killed and 265 injured in Baku Metro fire, in the deadliest subway disaster in history.
- 2007 – Argentina elected its first female President
Former First Lady of Argentina, Cristina Fernández de Kirchner.
- 2009 – NASA successfully launches the Ares I-X mission.
- 2014 – An unmanned Antares rocket carrying NASA’s Cygnus CRS Orb-3 resupply mission to the International Space Station explodes seconds after taking off from the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport in Virginia.