All About October 28th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
October 28th Holidays
- International Animation Day
- National Chocolate Day
- Plush Animal Lover’s Day
- Separation of Church and State Day
- St. Jude’s Feast Day
- Statue of Liberty Dedication Day
- Wild Foods Day
October 28th Zodiac Sign
See who you are compatible with, what your colors are, what personality traits you might have and which famous celebrities share your Zodiac sign.
If you were born today then you are a Scorpio.
Date range: October 23 – November 21 (Occasionally Nov 22 falls into Scorpio too.)
Color: Scarlet, Red, Rust
Ruler: Pluto, Mars
Greatest Overall Compatibility: Taurus, Cancer
Lucky Numbers: 8, 11, 18, 22
Personality Traits: Smart, resourceful, very brave, passionate, but can be really stubborn, jealous and jealous.
Famous Scorpios: Leonardo DiCaprio, Anne Hathaway, Ryan Gosling, Christopher Columbus, Bill Gates, Pablo Picasso Julia Roberts, Hillary Clinton, Caitlyn Jenner, Whoopi Goldberg, Marie Curie, Condoleezza Rice.
What do these celebrities have in common?
October 28th Trivia
- 1449 – Christian I is crowned king of Denmark.
- 1726 – The novel Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift is published.
- 1886 – In New York Harbor, President Grover Cleveland dedicates the Statue of Liberty.
- 1893 – Tchaikovsky’s Symphony No. 6 in B Minor, Pathétique, receives its première performance in St. Petersburg. He died 9 days later.
- 1914 – Jonas Salk, American biologist, physician was born in New York City, NY.
- 1919 – US Congress passed the Volstead Act enumerating ways to enforce Prohibition.
- 1949 – Caitlyn Jenner, American television personality formerly known as Bruce Jenner was born in Mount Kisco, NY.
- 1955 – Bill Gates, American businessman, co-founded Microsoft was born in Seattle, WA.
- 1958 – John XXIII is elected Pope.
- 1963 – Lauren Holly, American-Canadian actress and ex wife of Jim Carrey was born in Bristol, PA.
- 1965 – Jami Gertz, American actress was born in Chicago, Il.
- 1956 – Elvis Presley receives a polio vaccination on national TV. This single event is credited with raising immunization levels in the United States from 0.6% to over 80% in just six months.
- 1967 – Julia Roberts, American actress was born in , Smyrna, GA.
- 1972 – Brad Paisley, American singer-songwriter was born in Glen Dale, WV.
- 1974 – Joaquin Phoenix, American actor was born in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- 1987 – Frank Ocean, American singer-songwriter was born in Long Beach, CA.
- 1995 – 289 people are killed and 265 injured in Baku Metro fire, in the deadliest subway disaster in history.
- 2007 – Argentina elected its first female President
Former First Lady of Argentina, Cristina Fernández de Kirchner.
- 2009 – NASA successfully launches the Ares I-X mission.
- 2014 – An unmanned Antares rocket carrying NASA’s Cygnus CRS Orb-3 resupply mission to the International Space Station explodes seconds after taking off from the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport in Virginia.