All About October 30th
Holidays, Horoscopes and Trivia
October 30th Holidays
- Buy a Doughnut Day
- Checklist Day
- Haunted Refrigerator Night
- Mischief Night
- National Candy Corn Day
- National Publicist Day
- National Speak Up For Service Day
- Pumpkin Bread Day
- Sugar Addiction Awareness Day
October 30th Zodiac Sign
See who you are compatible with, what your colors are, what personality traits you might have and which famous celebrities share your Zodiac sign.
If you were born today then you are a Scorpio.
Date range: October 23 – November 21 (Occasionally Nov 22 falls into Scorpio too.)
Color: Scarlet, Red, Rust
Ruler: Pluto, Mars
Greatest Overall Compatibility: Taurus, Cancer
Lucky Numbers: 8, 11, 18, 22
Personality Traits: Smart, resourceful, very brave, passionate, but can be really stubborn, jealous, sometimes even violent and doesn’t trust many people.
Famous Scorpios: Leonardo DiCaprio, Anne Hathaway, Ryan Gossling, Christopher Columbus, Bill Gates, Pablo Picasso Julia Roberts, Hillary Clinton, Caitlyn Jenner, Whoopi Goldberg, Marie Curie, Condoleeza Rice.
October 30th Trivia
- 1485 – King Henry VII of England is crowned, beginning the Tudor reign.
- 1831 – Nat Turner is arrested for leading the most notorious slave rebellion in United States history.
- 1938 – Orson Welles broadcasts his radio play of H. G. Wells’s The War of the Worlds, causing a mass fear in some of the audience in the United States.
- 1939 – Grace Slick, American singer-songwriter from the bands, Jefferson Starship and Jefferson Airplane was born in Highland Park, IL.
- 1944 – Holocaust: Anne and Margot Frank are deported from Auschwitz to the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp, where they die from disease the following year, shortly before the end of WWII.
- 1945 – Jackie Robinson of the Kansas City Monarchs signs a contract for the Brooklyn Dodgers.
- 1945 – Henry Winkler, American actor, comedian, director, producer, and author, famous for his role as “The Fonz” on the 1970s American sitcom Happy Days, was born in Manhattan, New York City, NY.
- 1951 – Harry Hamlin, American actor from show, “LA Law” and ex husband of Lisa Rinna was born in Pasadena, CA.
- 1965 – Gavin Rossdale an English singer, songwriter, musician, actor, and the lead singer and rhythm guitarist of the rock band Bush was born in Marylebone, United Kingdom.
- 1981 – Ivanka Trump, American businesswoman and daughter of Donald Trump was born in Manhattan, New York City, NY.
- 1985 – Space Shuttle Challenger lifts off for mission STS-61-A, its final successful mission.
- 2016 – Election polls show Hillary Clinton shockingly only has a 2 point lead over Donald Trump.
- 2016 – American astronaut Kate Rubins, Anatoly Ivanishin of Russia, and Takuya Onishi of Japan landed after 115 days on an international space shuttle.
- 2016 – New York’s Metropolitan Opera canceled a show Saturday afternoon after a powdery substance believed to be the ashes left over after a cremation was sprinkled into the orchestra pit.
- 2017 – Trump criticizes Russia ‘witch hunt’ as Mueller’s first indictment looms.
- 2017 – The Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority on Sunday canceled a controversial $300 million contract with Whitefish Energy to restore the country’s power grid, which was knocked out by Hurricane Maria.
- 2017 – Kevin Spacey makes apologizes to actor who accused him of sexual misconduct.