All About October 3rd
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
October 3rd Holidays
- Look at the Leaves Day
October 3rd celebrates the changing of the color of leaves this Autumn. Take a drive, go to your favorite spots and post some pretty pictures on social media.
- Mean Girls Appreciation Day
Mean Girls Day is celebrated on October 3rd because of the line in the 2004 film when character Aaron Samuels (Jonathan Bennett) asks Cady Heron what day it was.
- National Boyfriend Day
Today, October 3rd is all about appreciating your man. Show him how much you love him. Sometimes our lives get busy and we stuck in our routines. Today, break it up a bit and show him some extra love.
- National Butterfly and Hummingbird Day
October 3rd you are encouraged to learn more about butterflies and hummingbirds. If you see any take some pics of these beautiful creatures to share on social media.
- National Caramel Custard Day
October 3rd is the day you are encouraged to celebrate caramel custard so here is a recipe for you to try out! https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/caramel-custard/
- National Family TV Show Day
October 3rd is a day that encourages you to spend some quality family time watching shows together. Make some popcorn, cuddle up in blankets and have a fun bonding time!
- National Virus Appreciation Day
If you want to learn why you should ever celebrate a virus, (especially in this day and age of Covid-19) then visit Days of the Year to learn why.
- National Techies Day
National Techies Day on October 3rd encourages students to consider a career in technology. Every year there are more opportunities in tech for a career.
October 3rd Horoscope is Libra
- Date range: September 23 – October 22
- Element: Air
- Quality: Cardinal
- Color: Pink, Green
- Ruler: Venus
- Lucky Numbers: 4, 6, 13, 15, 24
- Personality Traits: Cooperative, diplomatic, gracious, stable, common sense, social but upsets easily, holds grudges, plays the victim
- Famous Libras: Neve Cambell, Kate Winslet, Jesse Eisenberg, Sigourney Weaver, Hugh Jackman, Matt Damon, Naomi Watts, Will Smith, Viggo Mortenson, Zac Effron, Gwyneth Paltrow, Clive Owen, Hillary Duff, Tim Robbins, John Krasinski, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Alicia Silverstone, Susan Surandon, Eminem, Elisabeth Shue and Gwen Stefani.
October 3rd Trivia
- 1873 – Captain Jack and companions are hanged for their part in the Modoc War.
- 1932 – Iraq gains independence from the United Kingdom.
- 1954 – Stevie Ray Vaughan, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, producer was born.
- 1962 – Tommy Lee, Musician and band member of band Motley Crue was born in Athens, Greece.
- 1964- Clive Owen, English Actor was born in Coventry, United Kingdom.
- 1969 – Gwen Stefani, American singer-songwriter, band member of No Doubt, was born in Fullerton, CA.
- 1973 – Neve Campbell, Canadian actress was born in Guelph, Canada.
- 1984 – Ashlee Simpson, American singer-songwriter was born in Waco, Texas.
- 1991 – Nadine Gordimer is announced as the winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature.
- 1995 – O. J. Simpson is acquitted of the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman.
- 2008 – The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 for the U.S. financial system is signed by President George W. Bush.
Thank you to our souces for info and graphics: Wiki, Pixabay, Checkiday and Time and Date.