All About September 21st
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
September 21st Holidays
- International Day of Peace
- Miniature Golf Day
- National Chai Day
- National Farm Safety Day for Kids
- National Pecan Cookie Day
- World Gratitude Day
- Pause the World Day
- World Alzheimer’s Day
September 21st Horoscope Sign is Virgo
Dates: August 23 – September 22
Symbol: Maiden Virgin
Colord: Grey, Beige, Pale-Yellow
Lucky Numbers: 5, 14, 15, 23, 32
Personality Traits: Very hard working and very loyal. Perfectionist to a fault, can be critical of others.
Famous Virgos: Michael Jackson, Paul Walker, Cameron Diaz, Mother Theresa, Stephen King, Warren Buffet, John McCain, Leo Tolstoy, Van Morrison. Chandra Wilson, Aaron Paul, Richard Gere, Bebe Rexha. Beyonce, Damon Wayans, Niall Horan, Nicola De Silva.
September 21st Trivia
- 1866 – H. G. Wells, English novelist, historian, and critic was born in Bromley, Kent, England.
- 1931 – Larry Hagman, American actor, director, and producer was born in Fort Worth Texas.
- 1934 – A large typhoon hits western Honshū, Japan, killing more than 3,000 people.
- 1937 – J. R. R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit is published.
- 1938 – The Great Hurricane of 1938 makes landfall on Long Island in New York. The death toll is estimated at 500–700 people.
- 1947 – Stephen King, American author and screenwriter known for his scary movies, was born in Portland, Maine.
- 1950 – Bill Murray, American actor, comedian, producer, and screenwriter known for being on Saturday Night Live, and his movies, Ghostbusters, Stripes, Groundhog Day was born in Evanston, Illinois.
- 1953 – Lieutenant No Kum-sok, a North Korean pilot, defects to South Korea with his jet fighter.
- 1956 – Ricky Morton, American wrestler was born in Nashville, Tennessee.
- 1962 – Rob Morrow, American actor, known for his role in Northern Exposure was born in New Rochelle, New York.
- 1967 – Faith Hill, American singer-songwriter, producer, and actress was born in Ridgeland, Mississippi,
- 1968 – Ricki Lake, American actress, producer, and talk show host was born in Hastings-on-Hudson, New York.
- 1981 – Belize is granted full independence from the United Kingdom.
- 1981 – Sandra Day O’Connor is unanimously approved by the U.S. Senate as the first female Supreme Court justice.
- 1999 – The Chi-Chi earthquake (also known as the 921 Earthquake) occurs in central Taiwan, leaving about 2,400 people dead.
- 2001 – America: A Tribute to Heroes is broadcast by over 35 network and cable channels, raising over $200 million for the victims of the September 11 attacks.
- 2001 – 17 year old Ross Parker is murdered in Peterborough, England, by a gang of ten Muslims.
- 2003 – The Galileo spacecraft is terminated by sending it into Jupiter’s atmosphere.
Thank you to the sources for info and graphics for this page: Checkiday, Pixabay and Wiki.