All About April 12th
Holidays, Horoscope and History
Welcome to Time for the Holidays! Thanks for stopping by. Today we will discuss the history behind today’s daily holidays and observances. We will talk about Aries’ personality traits. Then we will list the day’s historical events, famous birthdays and other fun random trivia.
April 12th is a fun day of quirky holidays. You won’t believe that all these funny holidays are today! Along with some very serious ones.
April 12th Holidays
- Big Wind Day
Big Wind Day is observed each year in the United States on April 12th, to commemorate the recording of the highest natural wind gust measured on the Earth’s surface. On the afternoon of April 12, 1934, the Mount Washington Observatory recorded winds at 231 miles per hour.
- Drop Everything and Read Day (D.E.A.R. Day)
D.E.A.R Day is a national celebration of reading designed to remind families to make reading a priority activity in their lives. Reading Rockets is a founding partner of National D.E.A.R. Day. April 12th is the birthday of popular author Beverly Cleary. On this day, families are encouraged to take at least 30 minutes to put aside all distractions and enjoy books together. What will you be reading?
- International Day for Street Children
International Day for Street Children mission is to give the message to every government around the world that children are too often denied the rights owed to them such as healthcare, access to justice when harmed, freedom from harassment. Read The Four Steps to Equality.
- International Day of Human Space Flight
The International Day of Human Space Flight is the annual celebration, held on April 12, of the anniversary of the first human space flight by Yuri Gagarin. It was proclaimed at the 65th session of the United Nations General Assembly on April 7, 2011, a few days before the 50th anniversary of the flight.
- National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day
Everyone loves Grilled Cheese! It is the perfect comfort food so there is no surprise that someone created a day to celebrate it!
- National Licorice Day
Licorice International in coordination with the National Confectioners Association designated April 12th as National Licorice Day in 2004. The company offers nearly 100 types of licorice from all over the world.
- National Only Child Day
According to their Facebook page, National Only Child Day celebrates the only children of this world and our historic struggle against fear, injustice, and oppression on April 12th, 2021.
- Walk on Your Wild Side Day
Celebrated on April 12th of every year, National Walk On Your Wild Side Day was created to to inspire people to do something wild that other people would have never expected them to do.
- “Wear a Star” Day
April 12 is “Wear a Star” day in memory of our “little stars” in heaven. These “little stars” are any loss of a child, including stillborns and miscarriages. When someone asks you what the star means, just let them know that it’s in honor of a “little star.”
April 12th Zodiac Sign
Zodiac Sign for April 12th is Aries
- If you were born today on April 11th then you are an Aries.
- your personality is defined by your fun loving, optimistic and generous nature.
- You love new experiences
- Time period: March 20 – April 20
- Element: Fire
- Ruling planet: Mars
- Symbol: Ram
- Zodiac quality: Cardinal
- Birthstones: Topaz, Heliotrope, Sapphire, Jasper, Aquamarine, Diamond
Happy Birthday To:
April 12th Trivia
A list of famous birthdays, historical events, #1 movies and songs and much more fun trivia!
- 627 – King Edwin of Northumbria is converted to Christianity by Paulinus, bishop of York.
- 1606 – The Union Flag is adopted as the flag of English and Scottish ships.
- 1945 – U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt dies in office; Vice President Harry S. Truman becomes President upon Roosevelt’s death.
- 1946 – Ed O’Neill, actor from American tv shows, “Married with Children” and “Modern Family” was born in Youngstown, OH.
- 1947 – David Letterman, tv talk host was born in Indianapolis, IN.
- 1950 – David Cassidy, American actor from tv show, “The Partridge Family” was born.
- 1955 – The polio vaccine, developed by Dr. Jonas Salk, is declared safe and effective.
- 1963 – The Soviet nuclear-powered submarine K-33 collides with the Finnish merchant vessel M/S Finnclipper in the Danish straits.
- 1971 – Shannen Doherty, American actress was born in Memphis, TN.
- 1979 – Claire Danes, American actress was born in Manhattan, New York, NY.
- 1979 – Jennifer Morrison, actress from American tv show, “House” and “Happily Ever After” was born.
- 1989 – Sugar Ray Robinson, American boxer dies.
- 1999 – United States President Bill Clinton is cited for contempt of court for giving “intentionally false statements” in a civil lawsuit; he is later fined and disbarred.
- 2001 – Harvey Ball, American illustrator, created the smiley dies.
- 2002 – A suicide bomber blows herself up at the entrance to Jerusalem’s Mahane Yehuda Market, killing seven people and wounding 104.
- 2019 – The first picture of a black hole was taken.